cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2008, 08:29 PM   #51
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Coach M, I can attest that a lot of exercise won't necessarily make you lose weight.

You gotta work on the intake side. You are burning more calories, but you are also eating more due to hunger. You have to eat less.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:30 PM   #52
landpoke

landpoke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
don't worry, winter is coming, and skinny dudes freeze.

I'm actually thinking more about the coming ethanol/biofuel induced famine.
All you twig enviros are cutting your own throats with this anti-oil nonsense.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:31 PM   #53
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by landpoke View Post
I'd like to go on the record as stating I can't wait until we receive all our calories in beverage form.
What about your wolf patties?
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:31 PM   #54
landpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
What about your wolf patties?
I don't and won't eat garbage.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:32 PM   #55
Levin

Quote:
I'm actually thinking more about the coming ethanol/biofuel induced famine.
All you twig enviros are cutting your own throats with this anti-oil nonsense.
This enviro-twig is not for biofuels generally, and definitely not for ethanol.

What I want most is a $50 billion Manhattan project for cold fusion.
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Old 07-15-2008, 08:33 PM   #56
landpoke

Quote:
Coach M, I can attest that a lot of exercise won't necessarily make you lose weight.

You gotta work on the intake side. You are burning more calories, but you are also eating more due to hunger. You have to eat less.
Also lay off the booze. I notice a 1-2 pound bump when I'm binge drinking.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:38 PM   #57
landpoke

Quote:
What I want most is a $50 billion Manhattan project for cold fusion.
Better yet why don't we invest $50 billion into pixie dust research. Or maybe we could just throw that money down a hole. Either one would get you the same whole lotta nothing.

Oil is the future.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:44 PM   #58
Levin

Quote:
Better yet why don't we invest $50 billion into pixie dust research. Or maybe we could just throw that money down a hole. Either one would get you the same whole lotta nothing.

Oil is the future.
Let me guess, you're in the oil business?

"Cold fusion" was just a place holder. I want a Manhattan Project for something new; and as NASA, Bell Labs, and so much else has shown, money spent on science for innovation is rarely ever wasted even if the ultimate project fails. The surprise inventions and discoveries are often what make the project worthwhile.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:55 PM   #59
landpoke

Quote:
Let me guess, you're in the oil business?

"Cold fusion" was just a place holder. I want a Manhattan Project for something new; and as NASA, Bell Labs, and so much else has shown, money spent on science for innovation is rarely ever wasted even if the ultimate project fails. The surprise inventions and discoveries are often what make the project worthwhile.
Any innovation would be a decade or more away and wouldn't do anything to lessen our dependence on fossil fuels. The only answer is to drill hard, deep and everywhere. Coincidentally those very words are in the landpoke family crest over a picture of some long dead ancestor slaying a wolf and then drilling for oil on the former wolf's habitat.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:25 PM   #60
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road

Quote:

You're right, of course. I am eating healthy but I am eating more, especially on long effort days.
"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. "
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote