cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness

Old 09-18-2008, 08:00 PM   #131
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
I actually changed our blogger header picture last night to one that only showed 3 of my chins and not 4.
Link?
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:01 PM   #132
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I've gained 12 pounds in the last 4 weeks.
Sorry, that figure is wrong. I've gained 17 pounds in the last month.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:03 PM   #133
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

I'm up 4 pounds since July to 164. Thats what I was my freshman year of college and is probably where my normal lifestyle and eating habits would have me. 160 was good for summer bike riding, but it was way too much work to get it there and keep it there.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:18 PM   #134
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERCougar View Post
I'm not really fat, per se, but I have about 20 lbs I could do without. I've been planning on "doing without" them for about 7 years without much success. I also like to run, but am really frustrated that I'm so much slower than I used to be; I'm thinking that if I can lose the 20 lb backpack, I might be able to run a little faster.

I'm thinking I need someone/something to check in to. So forgive me--I know these can be really annoying, but I'm going to check in with cougarguard. If you don't care, skip it, put me on ignore, whatever.

Right now, I weigh 209.8 (24.5 % BF according to my little impedance scale). By the Snow Canyon half-marathon on Nov 9, I'm going to weigh 190 (my weight on my wedding day), which amounts to about 1 lb/week.

Anyone else want to check in?
Ok...it's time to come out from my shameful hiding. Seattle was good to me. Too good. I refused to weigh in until yesterday and I'm at 200.6. I guess it could have been worse; two bad weeks used to put me in the 215 range.

So back on the wagon I go. I'm at 9.2 lbs total loss. 10 more lbs to go in a little under 9 weeks. I'm thinking 190 is going to be too skinny--my wife already thinks I'm getting too thin--but I would really like to see if I can run faster if unnaturally skinny.
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:21 PM   #135
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERCougar View Post
I'm not really fat, per se, but I have about 20 lbs I could do without. I've been planning on "doing without" them for about 7 years without much success. I also like to run, but am really frustrated that I'm so much slower than I used to be; I'm thinking that if I can lose the 20 lb backpack, I might be able to run a little faster.

I'm thinking I need someone/something to check in to. So forgive me--I know these can be really annoying, but I'm going to check in with cougarguard. If you don't care, skip it, put me on ignore, whatever.

Right now, I weigh 209.8 (24.5 % BF according to my little impedance scale). By the Snow Canyon half-marathon on Nov 9, I'm going to weigh 190 (my weight on my wedding day), which amounts to about 1 lb/week.

Anyone else want to check in?
198.6 this morning. 6 1/2 wks, 8.6 to go.
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:58 PM   #136
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Down three more pounds. That makes ten total so far.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:00 PM   #137
MikeWaters
Demiurge

17 pounds gained last month, still gaining, but more slowly. Touched rim last Sat. so getting stronger as well.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:42 PM   #138
landpoke

landpoke is on a distinguished road

234, down 8-10 pounds in the last month I think. Don't recall exactly where I peaked.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #139
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by landpoke View Post
234, down 8-10 pounds in the last month I think. Don't recall exactly where I peaked.
economic hard times have hit you as well, I see.

Me, on the other hand, can finally afford food.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:11 PM   #140
landpoke

landpoke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
economic hard times have hit you as well, I see.

Me, on the other hand, can finally afford food.

No, in fact I'm making more food per meal than ever. Then I eat maybe a quarter of it and throw the rest away. Because I can.