cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2008, 03:26 PM   #1
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Noxious pest plants I love

Here in Seattle Morning Glories are considered a noxious pest. I think there's an ordinance requiring you to kill them if they're in your yard. They're so prolific here they literally choke trees to death. But they're so beautiful. The green belt behind my home is filled with them. Their white flowers are like the fimament amid a deep green vault. They generate a profusion of leafy vines, the leaves the shape of spear heads. Their voracious, lethal nature somehow adds to their appeal for me.

I also love Asian blackberries. They produce unbelievable amounts of fruit this time of year, and grow wild everywhere. But if you had a moat of them around your castle you'd be safe. They're some nasty brambles and personify the cliche "grow like weeds." Some people disdain them here because they're not indigenous and like morning glories they're very beligerant.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote