cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2008, 07:20 PM   #11
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Let me guess, the haters in this thread did not read the article nor listen to the radio show.

It was the playwright you said that Utah has the highest suicide rate among males 15 to 24, and that it is believed up to a third of them might be gay.

I suppose some of you think her entire play is a troll as well right?

Being a gay teenager is hard enough. Being a gay teenager in Utah must be hell.

Look at the reaction of the SLC school district when the kid started the gay club. THEY SHUT DOWN ALL CLUBS! And we are to think that there was no connection between the school district's action his suicide as a 17 year old.

I'm kinda sad that people who think "Let the Fags all die" are so shamed that they can't say it in public. They are only allowed to think it. Is that progress? Or just a PC culture.

Do I think the GAs gave much thought at all to how gays in the church, spec. teenagers would react to their latest campaign? No I don't . By virtue of a TOTAL lack of address their concerns, of showing one IOTA of compassion.

"While we are opposed to gay marriage, we care for and are concerned about the welfare and happiness of gays in the church."

WHERE IS THIS SENTENCE?

Someone please point me to it, if they have in fact said something to this effect.

That's why, no, I don't think they care about these kids when it comes to this issue. Because there is a lack of compassion contained in it.

Is the church becoming more compassionate about gays? Yes. But it's not hard to get more compassionate than the position that was previously held. Do I think the parents of gay kids in the church feel any support? No I don't.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote