cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 03:32 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why it's not in Cougarboard's interest to ban me

Because if I'm banned, I will actually spend some time trying to improve cougarguard, and attempt to make it the premiere BYU Cougar / Mormon issues board on the planet.

Yes, Jefe, it is much better that I slop away on cougarboard, hardly doing a thing about my own board.

(Never trust cougarboard to make a decision in its actual real interest).
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 03:50 PM   #2
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

So you're actually banned from CB right now?
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 03:53 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
So you're actually banned from CB right now?
No I am suspended (I think).

But I was banned for a day, not that long away, but it was rescinded.

But I get the feeling that they really, really want to ban me.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:56 PM   #4
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

What Waters has done is tantamount to starting a new basketball league and steal 90% of the NBA all-star team. He only lacks filler. He already has the CB stars over here; now that we've got the mullah big bats all the perspectives are represented. CG even has more women than CB right now! CB has passed its high water mark. And like all dominant regimes tend to do, it killed itself.

Still wish we could get PAC but he's kind of put himself out to pasture.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 03:59 PM   #5
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Because if I'm banned, I will actually spend some time trying to improve cougarguard, and attempt to make it the premiere BYU Cougar / Mormon issues board on the planet.

Yes, Jefe, it is much better that I slop away on cougarboard, hardly doing a thing about my own board.

(Never trust cougarboard to make a decision in its actual real interest).
We need more sports talk. Which is actually a problem on CB too. Even during the season, guys would rather talk about the other stuff. The hard core BYU sports obsessed guys are rare.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:00 PM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I am in the Obi-Wan position right now.

"You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Old 06-14-2007, 04:03 PM   #7
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I have been banned

Technically I have. I got suspended 7 days for starting a gambling thread. Of course I didn't think it was a gambling thread, but it doesn't matter what I think, does it.

My 7 days are up, but I really don't think I can in good conscience sign the ambigious rules agreement knowing full well I will break it again at some point in time.

Heck, last month I got a suspension for using the word pussy to describe a wimp. In my day that word meant "pussy cat" and that is my terminology for it. Look it up in the dictionary. One of the definitions is wimp.

That board is great. I don't even mind getting suspended. However, I don't feel like signing anymore some kind of agreement that I am going to obey someone elses ambigious moral standards.

Unlike you though Mike, that board will survive just fine without my posts.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:05 PM   #8
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
Cougarboard's loss is Cougarguard's gain. It's good to have you here.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:06 PM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Note: one great thing about cougarguard is you are better off not putting anything in the subject line!

I have no illusions that cougarboard would miss me. I've made some friends, I would miss them a bit. But CB would march on.

I haven't really put too much effort into this site. All the success we've had is due to the great people here who have worked at building a smart friendly community.

I think regardless of whether I will be banned from CB or not, I will put more effort into increasing the functionality of the site.

But at the end of the day, it's the people that we have here, who work at helping and entertaining each other that will make this work.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:08 PM   #10
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
Technically I have. I got suspended 7 days for starting a gambling thread. Of course I didn't think it was a gambling thread, but it doesn't matter what I think, does it.

My 7 days are up, but I really don't think I can in good conscience sign the ambigious rules agreement knowing full well I will break it again at some point in time.

Heck, last month I got a suspension for using the word pussy to describe a wimp. In my day that word meant "pussy cat" and that is my terminology for it. Look it up in the dictionary. One of the definitions is wimp.

That board is great. I don't even mind getting suspended. However, I don't feel like signing anymore some kind of agreement that I am going to obey someone elses ambigious moral standards.

Well I hope you stick around CG for a while, BYU71. Good to have you here.