cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2008, 04:56 PM   #11
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Tell Mike this is no time to take a vacation.
That's what I was going to say.

It's obvious he wants everyone to leave:

1. He repeatedly tells everyone remaining to go to CUF. He even sends a few of the die-hards private messages telling them to go.

2. He warns that anyone remaining will suffer, and that we ought not expect CG to remain CG.

3. At a time when he has many ten people posting, he disappears, refusing to foster activity on his own board, making it that much more likely that CG will slowly fall into inactivity.

I think he knows this is no time to take a hiatus, but that's why he's doing so. He doesn't want anybody sticking around for his sake.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:57 PM   #12
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
I thought you were over there? they posted a blanket invite to everyone here.

Nope, I don't have anything against those who are over there of course. I personally am not going to head to another board, I am on three and that is plenty.

I also don't know the whole reason for the split, but if it is to form a group of those who find themselves intellectually stimulating, I wouldn't fit anyway.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:06 PM   #13
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
Nope, I don't have anything against those who are over there of course. I personally am not going to head to another board, I am on three and that is plenty.

I also don't know the whole reason for the split, but if it is to form a group of those who find themselves intellectually stimulating, I wouldn't fit anyway.
No, nothing like that. But the goal was not to form a new group. The goal was to liberate this one. Free CG from a brutal regime, so to speak.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:06 PM   #14
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post

Though if you waste too much time on boards already, this is great news for you, as this one should slow down considerably.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:11 PM   #15
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
No, nothing like that. But the goal was not to form a new group. The goal was to liberate this one. Free CG from a brutal regime, so to speak.

Oh, well I will just follow what happens then.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:00 PM   #16
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I am pleased to see people moving on.

The faster people move on, the more free I am to speak.

I really don't know what more I can do to make sure that CUF has every advantage that it seeks (and has taken). The question is after 'killing' CG, are they so pathetic as to want to sit around like vultures and pick our bones as well?

I've been polite to this point. THE PEOPLE THAT SHOULD LEAVE NEED TO LEAVE. You know who you are. I don't know who you are.

I don't know who should stay. I am not that smart. But I think there are likely people that should stay.

Let a righteous wind blow you to your destination, as it were.

In the end there will be a small group of us that will have a task unlike the others. Not a better task. Just a different task. I see the flower bud, but I do not yet see the flower.

The task will be grounded and real, I assure you.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:21 PM   #17
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post

I really don't know what more I can do to make sure that CUF has every advantage that it seeks (and has taken). The question is after 'killing' CG, are they so pathetic as to want to sit around like vultures and pick our bones as well?

I've been polite to this point. THE PEOPLE THAT SHOULD LEAVE NEED TO LEAVE. You know who you are. I don't know who you are.

I don't know who should stay. I am not that smart. But I think there are likely people that should stay.

In the end there will be a small group of us that will have a task unlike the others. Not a better task. Just a different task. I see the flower bud, but I do not yet see the flower.

See, for those that would potentially be interested in sticking around, you're doing nothing to encourage them/us. And I don't think very many of them "know who they are". Patriarchal blessings don't typically identify the internet message board chosen ones.

If you want no one here besides Arch, RHG, Farrah, Danimal, Marsupial and BG, just say so and the rest will undoubtedly move on.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:28 PM   #18
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post

I just can't quit you.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:30 PM   #19
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
See, for those that would potentially be interested in sticking around, you're doing nothing to encourage them/us. And I don't think very many of them "know who they are". Patriarchal blessings don't typically identify the internet message board chosen ones.

If you want no one here besides Arch, RHG, Farrah, Danimal, Marsupial and BG, just say so and the rest will undoubtedly move on.
Winds always blow, whether you recognize them or not. On a message board, in your family, at church, in your work, in your relationships, and probably most obviously, in the rustle of the leaves.

If I had my "choice" of people, it would probably be different than what is going to happen. Julius probably would have enjoyed Brutus as his tennis doubles partner. It didn't work out, if you know what I mean.

Are you waiting for a piece of paper to tell you to be inspired?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:41 PM   #20
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post

I think you misread Mike, but I'm not certain. There are a number who have made their decision to move on, who have no desire to be involved with anything of Mike's. Yet they still come back to see what Mike's up to, or to give him a hard time. These are the ones he's suggesting need to just stay put at CUF. And these are the ones who know that.

I have no idea what Mike has planned. I don't even know if I'm interpreting him correctly. But that would be my guess.