cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2008, 03:17 PM   #11
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Actually, it does. And it is more the consistency of zinc, as well. Desitin tends to be thicker than toothpaste.

Speakin of Zinka, how cool would it be to sooth your infant's genitals with some hot pink, dayglo green, bright orange, or Sun Yellow?

We didnt use desitin on our kids much anyway. I can't remember what we used, but we changed diapers so many times a day, we almost never had any issues of diaper rash. I think that is the key. Change the diapers all the time.

With our first child we were young and into the natural way to raise kids, bklah, blah blah, and we used cloth diapers becasue they were supposed to be better fo rthe kid and the envioronment. This led to too many blowouts and lots of diaper rash. With kids 2 and 3 we quit the cloth diapers and used disposable. Voila, no blowouts and almost no diaper rash. Plus, we learned disposable is probably better for the environment on balance (assuming you fully clean the cloth ones).
Old 11-07-2008, 03:18 PM   #12
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Desitin has always freaked me out. It looks too much like toothpaste. One of my hundreds of crazy phobias is putting my toothbrush in my mouth and I find out that someone switched my toothpaste with Desitin.
Flash actually did this to my unwitting son. How Flash didn't notice that the tube was clearly labled DESITIN is something I fail to comprehend. Anyhow, the poor kid brushed for the full two minutes before coming back to me and saying, "Mom, I really really don't like daddy's toothpaste."
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:23 PM   #13
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
We didnt use desitin on our kids much anyway. I can't remember what we used, but we changed diapers so many times a day, we almost never had any issues of diaper rash. I think that is the key. Change the diapers all the time.
My kids all have really sensitive skin that is easily irritated. We have to use Desitin every diaper change to prevent a rash. And the A & D ointment and butt paste and all the other stuff doesn't work. It's got to be Desitin.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:24 PM   #14
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
Flash actually did this to my unwitting son. How Flash didn't notice that the tube was clearly labled DESITIN is something I fail to comprehend. Anyhow, the poor kid brushed for the full two minutes before coming back to me and saying, "Mom, I really really don't like daddy's toothpaste."
Blech! That is awful.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:42 PM   #15
Clark Addison

Clark Addison is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I can understand how he didn't notice. He has probably never been asked to supervise teeth brushing again.

For a couple of my kids, that task was somehow much harder than I ever thought it would be.
Clark Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:52 PM   #16
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
I can understand how he didn't notice. He has probably never been asked to supervise teeth brushing again.
Jeff refuses to let daddy anywhere near his toothbrush now. (We never told him the truth. I don't think he'd ever brush his teeth again if we did. We just told him that daddy uses medicine toothpaste for his bad breath.)
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:56 PM   #17
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
That is the cruelest mistake i've ever heard. Dad has no taste Mom.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:35 PM   #18
FarrahWaters

FarrahWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post

For a couple of my kids, that task was somehow much harder than I ever thought it would be.
You have a point. Are you sure it was unintentional on Flash's part?
FarrahWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:35 PM   #19
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
You realize that this story isnt helping anything at all.

Now for sure I will never ever brush my teeth again.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:41 PM   #20
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
My kids all have really sensitive skin that is easily irritated. We have to use Desitin every diaper change to prevent a rash. And the A & D ointment and butt paste and all the other stuff doesn't work. It's got to be Desitin.
Yeah, sorry...didnt mean to suggest that it was a cure-all. Only that it worked for us.

I get a kick out of the little toddlers we see that are walking around wearing a puffed-out life vest around their groin. The parents want to get as much urine in that thing before they change it. And then they wonder why the kid has a rash.

Speaking of calling things by their real name, I always used alternate terms to describe changing diapers. I found it silly to say "poopy diaper." When my kids needed their diapers changed, we called it a "Puffy Check" and when they had a poopy diaper, they were "Dunged up"..because their diaper was filled with dung, of course. Nothing like kids in the nursery telling their teacher that they were "dungy" or "puffy" Now that I think about it, puffy checks were fun. they would get all excited when it was time for a puffy check.

My band for the game Rock Band is called Puffy Check.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote