cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2008, 01:34 AM   #31
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
I have currently have 4 pairs that I rotate throughout the week. I am good about keeping the shoes shined so they last longer. (I like taking a lunch at the food court on 7th and Fig because of their fabulous shoe shine booth.) I have not had any of the soles seperate from the upper (as you say, a common problem with mass produced shoes) For me, ALDO shoes last about 2-3 years sometimes longer. For less than 100 dollars per pair, it suits me well.
Dude, how often are you working near 7th and Fig? we should get together for lunch sometime. I am only a few blocks away in 2Cal Plaza. In fact, I am working right now in a building on the corner of Union and Olympic...drinking a nice refreshing pina colada with boba.

Jennerstein also works downtown sometimes.

And Robin Finderson lives close by.

We are legion!

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:38 AM   #32
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
How many pairs of rounded AND pointy?
I have four pair of rounded toe. Two black. Two oxblood.

I own zero pointed toe. As I said, rounded toe only.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:40 AM   #33
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Dude, how often are you working near 7th and Fig? we should get together for lunch sometime. I am only a few blocks away in 2Cal Plaza. In fact, I am working right now in a building on the corner of Union and Olympic...drinking a nice refreshing pina colada with boba.

Jennerstein also works downtown sometimes.

And Robin Finderson lives close by.

We are legion!
My office is at 888 South Figueroa. I am here every day. I am at my office getting ready to leave so I can catch my train to Santa Clarita. We should definitely do lunch sometime. I promise I won't toss a 20 on the table and walk out with a boy toy on my arm.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:43 PM   #34
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
My office is at 888 South Figueroa. I am here every day. I am at my office getting ready to leave so I can catch my train to Santa Clarita. We should definitely do lunch sometime. I promise I won't toss a 20 on the table and walk out with a boy toy on my arm.
Langers Deli is only a subway ride away.....MacArthur Park stop.

We should go next week. I am also curious to see what Mara Salvatrucha-MS13 has been up to these days, so it will be nice to catch up with them hanging out at MacArthur Park. They usually have nice, interesting tattoos.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 08-06-2008, 07:58 PM   #35
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa
Until we get UteStars take on this I refuse to listen to anyone else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
From now on I'm going to cheer for Apollo Creed, Clubber Lang, Thunderlips, Ivan Drago and Tommy Gunn.
Quit being a hata YOhio.

DDD has posted some very helpful comments on being fashionable, which is shocking because he is one that prefers cut off jeans as shorts and considers flannel shirts as a way to 'color' up his typical wardrobe.

Dark brown pants are actually a pretty easy matching start to a great wardrobe. Black is sharp with brown. Now it obviously depends on how dark your brown pants are, but black screams to the world 'Look at me, I am hipper than you and I know it.'

Pretty much any 'light' color plays off the brown very well, whether it be blue, tan, white, etc. Matching the shoes and belt is a must...DDD threw out matching your watch as well, but unless you are into fashion, nobody will notice except for metrosexuals, gay people and someone in between like DDD. Good luck, take pictures and prepare to be noticed.

Goatnapper: "UteStar is the only one who is not scum."
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:01 PM   #36
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
Quit being a hata YOhio.

DDD has posted some very helpful comments on being fashionable, which is shocking because he is one that prefers cut off jeans as shorts and considers flannel shirts as a way to 'color' up his typical wardrobe.

Dark brown pants are actually a pretty easy matching start to a great wardrobe. Black is sharp with brown. Now it obviously depends on how dark your brown pants are, but black screams to the world 'Look at me, I am hipper than you and I know it.'

Pretty much any 'light' color plays off the brown very well, whether it be blue, tan, white, etc. Matching the shoes and belt is a must...DDD threw out matching your watch as well, but unless you are into fashion, nobody will notice except for metrosexuals, gay people and someone in between like DDD. Good luck, take pictures and prepare to be noticed.
Not only are you a crap dresser, but it took you two days to google this. Gimme a break. Any sexually confused 15 year old could give the advice you just did.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:08 PM   #37
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Not only are you a crap dresser, but it took you two days to google this. Gimme a break. Any sexually confused 15 year old could give the advice you just did.
Isnt it strange how people that dress themselves are suspected to be gay....yet we had another thread here a few days ago wherein some guy dropped his pants in front of his friends, showed his frends his anus, touched himself, inserted a stick into his anus, and allowed a friend to light the bottlerocket. And that was not gay, it was "funny."

I think I will choose fashion over fireworks.

You all can watch videos of young boys inserting things into their anus.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:20 PM   #38
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Oh c'mon...I just noticed the thread. I am not going to spend 45 minutes giving fashion advice to someone who just wants the basics. My job is not to confuse someone who just wants to get 'matching' advice. I could sit here and type out 10,000 words on fashion to help you, but 96% of it would be over your head and what do I have then, a helluva lot of wasted time. I gave the basics. If more is wanted, I am happy to provide.

Goatnapper: "UteStar is the only one who is not scum."
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:49 PM   #39
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
Quit being a hata YOhio.

Am I seriously the only one here that notices if the belt, shoes, and watch do not match? why do you think watches and belts come in more than one color?

Old 08-06-2008, 09:15 PM   #40
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Am I seriously the only one here that notices if the belt, shoes, and watch do not match? why do you think watches and belts come in more than one color?
I don't own a watch and won't ever wear one. How do you function with a hunk of metal, leather, or plastic attached to your wrist?
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote