cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2008, 03:21 AM   #21
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiteRider View Post
I chopped down my parents' prized apple tree with a hatchet they gave me for my birthday. Got a serious whooping, and never saw the hatchet again.

I was always on the receiving end of the idiot rock throwers. My head was like a rock magnet. I still have the scar in the middle of my forehead to prove it.
I hope you were at least honest when they asked who did it. Honesty is the important thing in all of this, of course.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:23 AM   #22
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American View Post
I hope you were at least honest when they asked who did it. Honesty is the important thing in all of this, of course.
Either honesty or dentures.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:14 AM   #23
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

We stole all the driving range golf balls from Valencia Vista GC. Poured them by the bucket into the bed of my buddy's nissan pick up truck. Then we drove around town deciding what to do with them when we got pulled over by a cop. The cop got us out of the truck and made us sit on the curb while he searched the vehicle. He found a pocket knife and gave it back to my friend and then let us go without saying a word about the thousands of golf balls in the bed of the truck. Counting our blessings we decided to dump them as soon as we could. So we went to our church which was perched at the top of a steep hill and dropped the bed which released all the golf balls down McBean Pkwy in Valencia. No cars were coming up the road at the time but we saw some lights heading up the hill so we took off before seeing the damage.

I could go on and on.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:27 PM   #24
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

A few other quick ones:

1. When I was like 10 I was watching a Giants-Dodgers game on TV, Mike Aldrete was playing in the outfield and he made one of the most amazing catches I had ever seen, I was in my parents room and I ran down the hallway to tell my dad to watch the replay, I turned the corner and the closet door was open, the edge of the door hit me right in the middle of my forehead, my head swelled up and it split open.

2. Growing up we had some white trash apartments near our house, it was low income housing and a lot of the kids that lived there were basically unsupervised. I became good friends with this kid Tim whose mom was a prostitute (dead serious). He would stay at our house all the time but we would get in a lot of fights with other kids. One day we were at short stop (gas station) near my house and about 10 kids were waiting for us outside. Tim walked out the door and immediately turned on me, I was double crossed. Trying to act tough I walked outside and they all jumped me including Tim. This big black guy runs over and starts pullling kids off of me, but I was beat up pretty good, they all take off running. I look up and its the rapper E-40. He helps me get to my feet, takes me over to his van, and gives me a ride home.

3. Finally in the 5th grade me and my friend Shaun Mckay started a club. Well to join you had to do something crazy. You either had to jump from the 2nd story of his house to the garage which was like 8 feet. Do that three times, or you had to jump off the roof which was like 15 feet in to some bushes once. I chose the roof. I jumped in to the bushes, a branch hit me square in the crotch and I ended up having to go to the doctor for a bruised testicle.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:35 PM   #25
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

I was kind of a weenie as a kid, so I didn't do a whole lot of dangerous or criminal things. My dumbest, though, was when I set a cinder block in front of my house, put a 4- or 5- inch wide board on it as a jump, and then went to the top of my street (we lived on a hill) and tried to jump it. Of course, I missed the board, flipped, and face-planted in the street. It scraped away half of my face (don't worry, it grew back with no scars), and I broke my finger (but because of the pain in my face, I didn't feel the finger injury for 3 days).

Of course, this was in the afternoon of the last day of 8th grade, so it ruined my summer.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:51 PM   #26
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
I was kind of a weenie as a kid, so I didn't do a whole lot of dangerous or criminal things. My dumbest, though, was when I set a cinder block in front of my house, put a 4- or 5- inch wide board on it as a jump, and then went to the top of my street (we lived on a hill) and tried to jump it. Of course, I missed the board, flipped, and face-planted in the street. It scraped away half of my face (don't worry, it grew back with no scars), and I broke my finger (but because of the pain in my face, I didn't feel the finger injury for 3 days).

Of course, this was in the afternoon of the last day of 8th grade, so it ruined my summer.
Sweet!

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:26 AM   #27
Zulu451
house-elf 3rd class

Zulu451 is on a distinguished road

Obviously Mike does not remember a little incident at BYU with gasoline and a huge dumpster full of tree trimmings on the south side of campus. That one made the police beat!

When I was a little kid, on Christmas eve I was taking a crap and decided to light the toilet paper on fire. Somehow, I managed to not burn down the house as my mom burst through the door and took the flaming roll of TP and chucked it out the front door of the house.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:50 AM   #28
Fish

Fish is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

@ Zulu. Hahahahahah. I remember that. That was one of several 'fire' pranks from Mike. Do you remember the aerosol can he used to shoot three foot flames under our dorm room doors in the middle of the night? Or the accelerant he used to set my cactus ablaze? And much more...

It all ended when I turned his precious aerosol can against him and set his hair on fire. Really stinky, but still VICTORY.
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:35 PM   #29
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

I have a few.

-When I was about 6, I decided it would be fun to play in the car. Before long, the car was headed in neutral across the street, crashing into the neighbor's trees. I'm sure I was whipped good for that one.

-When I was 7 or so, my brother & I were playing dodge-ball/catch with a ball of yarn. Deciding that the yarn wasn't heavy enough, we tied a very large nail to the end of the yarn. My very next throw was dodged adeptly by my brother, but the window behind him unfortunately didn't move out of the way. I was beaten for that.

-When I was 10, the High School in our town had had a fire, and was therefore still in school for about a month after the elementary schools let out. My little brother (8) and I filled our backpacks with water balloons, and marched the mile-or-so to the high school, arriving just in time to catch a large group of students returning from lunch & goofing around in the parking lot to celebrate the impending end of their school-year. We bombed the crap out of the kids, who ran screaming like little girls into the HS. We waited for more victims, and were caught by the principle, who threatened to call the police before my father came to spring us. Dad was pretty cool - he yelled at the principle for threatening us, and managed to not only not laugh, but to prevent us from laughing until we were all safely in the car. No punishment.

-About the same age, probably around the same time, we started tossing water balloons at cars as they passed on a rather busy street. We'd toss & run. Eventually, having run out of water balloons, we were on our way back home to resupply when a cop pulled up & stopped us. He mentioned how throwing objects at moving vehicles was a serious crime, and asked us if we knew anything about it. We lied, of course, and the cop (I doubt to this day if he was fooled) told us to let him know if we saw anything.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:43 PM   #30
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
@ Zulu. Hahahahahah. I remember that. That was one of several 'fire' pranks from Mike. Do you remember the aerosol can he used to shoot three foot flames under our dorm room doors in the middle of the night? Or the accelerant he used to set my cactus ablaze? And much more...

It all ended when I turned his precious aerosol can against him and set his hair on fire. Really stinky, but still VICTORY.
moron, that was you shooting flames under people's door. and yes that was you with a fireball in my face that could have blinded me.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote