cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2008, 02:51 PM   #1
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help for Sex-Starved Wives

http://www.time.com/time/health/arti...728520,00.html

So much for Archaea's lamenting and the MASP label ... it's as much a problem with men as women.

Last edited by tooblue; 04-08-2008 at 02:56 PM.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:05 PM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
http://www.time.com/time/health/arti...728520,00.html

So much for Archaea's lamenting and the MASP label ... it's as much a problem with men as women.
Where in the article is it articulated that the problem is equivalent for women?
Old 04-08-2008, 03:07 PM   #3
tooblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Where in the article is it articulated that the problem is equivalent for women?
"Unless they get help, they often can. The other thing that happens is the person with the higher desire just lives their life in lonely misery. More men than women complain about not getting enough sex, [but] the difference between the two genders is not nearly as great as the general public believes. Low desire in men has got to be America's best-kept secret.

I teamed up with Redbook magazine to survey women about what goes on behind closed bedroom doors. Over 1,000 women responded, [and] 60% of them reported that they wanted at least as much, if not more, sex than their husbands. What was also interesting, but not surprising, is that the vast majority of men who experienced low sexual desire were completely unwilling to talk with their wives, go to a doctor or go to a therapist. In a culture that equates masculinity with virility, it's no wonder that these guys are tight-lipped.

So, what happens in these marriages is that women feel exasperated because they are incredibly lonely. They feel isolated. When someone is more highly sexed, the person who has less desire really thinks it's just about having an orgasm. [But] to the more highly sexed spouse, it is truly about feeling wanted and loved and emotionally connected."
Old 04-08-2008, 03:12 PM   #4
Archaea

I don't believe it. And that evidence doesn't sound like a peer reviewable study. But okay, she said it.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:14 PM   #5
landpoke

landpoke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
"Unless they get help, they often can. The other thing that happens is the person with the higher desire just lives their life in lonely misery. More men than women complain about not getting enough sex, [but] the difference between the two genders is not nearly as great as the general public believes. Low desire in men has got to be America's best-kept secret.

I teamed up with Redbook magazine to survey women about what goes on behind closed bedroom doors. Over 1,000 women responded, [and] 60% of them reported that they wanted at least as much, if not more, sex than their husbands. What was also interesting, but not surprising, is that the vast majority of men who experienced low sexual desire were completely unwilling to talk with their wives, go to a doctor or go to a therapist. In a culture that equates masculinity with virility, it's no wonder that these guys are tight-lipped.

So, what happens in these marriages is that women feel exasperated because they are incredibly lonely. They feel isolated. When someone is more highly sexed, the person who has less desire really thinks it's just about having an orgasm. [But] to the more highly sexed spouse, it is truly about feeling wanted and loved and emotionally connected."
Yeah well, besides that quote where does it say that? I got your back Arch.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:14 PM   #6
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Aaaachoo...<bullshit>oooooo!
Old 04-08-2008, 03:20 PM   #7
tooblue

Hey, don't blame me if y'all can't connect emotionally with your wives!
Old 04-08-2008, 03:21 PM   #8
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by landpoke View Post
Yeah well, besides that quote where does it say that? I got your back Arch.
I've seen a load of studies and this is the first "discussion point" where it has ever been mentioned that women are sex starved. As MRD says, BS!

A guy would have sex every day, morning and night. Not true for loads of women, especially those bitter things called "older-than-forty-year-olds".
Old 04-08-2008, 03:22 PM   #9
Archaea

Quote:
Hey, don't blame me if y'all can't connect emotionally with your wives!
Who says we want to connect emotionally.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:27 PM   #10
tooblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Who says we want to connect emotionally.
You have to admit your protests are excessive!