cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2007, 12:04 AM   #41
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colly Wolly View Post
Is that why the radical Muslims are so angry all the time? They don't get enough sex, their women are in burqas (sp?), etc. ?
I imagine if a man could get a women to put a burkah on, he could use the same persuasive skills to get her to take it off.

I have read that radical Islam finds their best recruits among impoverished, young, single men. Married men are much less likely to strap on a dynamite back and run into a Tel Aviv pizza joint.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 09:52 AM   #42
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
So, the answer is no, women don't attend soccer games. See how easy that was?
i wish i could plainly provide you a "NO" answer which happend to be your favorite ,and not prolonging this thread if not to say hijacking it .but i am sorry i couldnot.
last year president Ahmadinejad officially announced that there is noting wrong with women going to soccer stadium ...but since our stadiums hadnot yet meet the approporiate requirments ,the command aroused serious concern .so ..when something is theoretically acceptable ,yet practically not achiveable for the time of being ,what the most accurate answer might be?
thats why i think i was crystal clear in my first post answering Rocky.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:03 AM   #43
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Thank you for your thorough answer.

Do you think that non-Muslim people should be required to dress in that manner?
Non-muslims who have the freedom of practicing thier own religion ,profiting of having the right of electing and sending candidates to islamic parliment from their own ethnics and groups ,have the right to benefit of security and civil rights by all means like any one us in here ..shouldnot obey the government's law??
do muslims in the united state have the right to send a candidate to congress among muslims??

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 08-04-2007 at 10:10 AM.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 10:05 AM   #44
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
No...I don't think it's unbecoming to ask a yes or no question,,,but thanks for telling me how I SHOULD HAVE asked you a yes or no question. lol....it's clear to see the kind of obvious mindset you've been conditioned and forced into having over there. lol.

Yes or no questions are the EASIEST kind to answer. Your fear of the one posed earlier is irrational.
your welcome ,its always good to learn something new !
ofcourse a "yes" and "no" answer is the EASIEST answer ,but itsnot generally the most precise one .mind you ?
Old 08-04-2007, 10:13 AM   #45
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colly Wolly View Post
Is that why the radical Muslims are so angry all the time? They don't get enough sex, their women are in burqas (sp?), etc. ?
so it is adequate intimacy which has made a thoughtful ,happy person out of you ? Neat!!
Old 08-04-2007, 10:19 AM   #46
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I imagine if a man could get a women to put a burkah on, he could use the same persuasive skills to get her to take it off.

I have read that radical Islam finds their best recruits among impoverished, young, single men. Married men are much less likely to strap on a dynamite back and run into a Tel Aviv pizza joint.
i profoundly condemn attacking innocents jews ,enjoying hot pizza by palestinian terrorists even if it was thier own home which has been ruined and now has become a pizza /restaurant.

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 08-04-2007 at 10:22 AM.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:16 PM   #47
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
Thank God -- or Allah, in your case -- for women willing to have their dignity endangered. Did it ever occur to you that women who wear provocative clothing are simply empowered? That they choose to take ownership of their own bodies? That they choose to take control of their own sexuality? That they enjoy the freedoms that they are afforded? Did it ever occur to you that they are the ones to be congratulated? That you are the one to be pitied?
you were contemplated to enlighten me with these obviously certain facts?? well..thank you ,but these arenot new for me atall.. since Islam is all about respecting and protecting individual freedom and privecy .
thats why we have No surveillance status in our home land security system , ergo , everyone could enjoy his/her privecy all they want ,without any camera to monitoring their house or any tape to recording their phone.

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 08-04-2007 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:58 PM   #48
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
Islam is all about respecting and protecting individual freedom and privecy .
Madam, methinks thou hast drunk the proverbial kool-aid...DEEPLY.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:03 PM   #49
Colly Wolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
i wish i could plainly provide you a "NO" answer which happend to be your favorite ,and not prolonging this thread if not to say hijacking it .but i am sorry i couldnot.
last year president Ahmadinejad officially announced that there is noting wrong with women going to soccer stadium ...but since our stadiums hadnot yet meet the approporiate requirments ,the command aroused serious concern .so ..when something is theoretically acceptable ,yet practically not achiveable for the time of being ,what the most accurate answer might be?
thats why i think i was crystal clear in my first post answering Rocky.
If you weren't ashamed of your answer, you would have responded like this:

"right now... no, I could not go to a soccer game. There is a good possibility that women will be permitted to attend soccer games in the future, but right now, the situation is not suitable for it."
Old 08-04-2007, 04:07 PM   #50
Colly Wolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Rocky- the situation is more complex than a yes or no answer. Not everything can accurately be reduced to yes or no.

Do you believe in polygamy? Yes or no.
He asked if she could go to a soccer game in Iran. Wouldn't a more appropriate comparison be to ask Rocky if he was in a polygamous relationship?

The response would be:

"No, I don't practice polygamy, but there was a time when some Mormons were commanded by God to practice polygamy, blah blah blah."

It answers the specific question, but also sheds light on the larger picture. His question pertained to the here and now was very clear-cut.