cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Finances
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 06:54 AM   #1
Parrot Head

Parrot Head is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What are some good financial/investment reads and sites?

Just wondering if anyone has any hidden gems they'd like to share to help the rest of us out (or just me). Yahoo Finance often has interesting quick reads, but you have to take them with a grain of salt sometimes. I also like to check in on www.Bankrate.com to find good rates on CDs and savings accounts. There are probably better rates out there than those advertised on bankrate, but is it worth lots of time searching to get an extra .015% on a short-term CD?

Any books or sites that are winners? (I assume Rich Dad, Poor Dad will get a nod somewhere.)

- Bronco, when asked how to describe PH
Parrot Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:58 PM   #2
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Head View Post
Just wondering if anyone has any hidden gems they'd like to share to help the rest of us out (or just me). Yahoo Finance often has interesting quick reads, but you have to take them with a grain of salt sometimes. I also like to check in on www.Bankrate.com to find good rates on CDs and savings accounts. There are probably better rates out there than those advertised on bankrate, but is it worth lots of time searching to get an extra .015% on a short-term CD?

Any books or sites that are winners? (I assume Rich Dad, Poor Dad will get a nod somewhere.)
Personally I like bios. I'd rather read a biography of someone and see what they did or overcame on their path to success. Because rarely do any success books tell you how to be successful rather they tell a nice parable but don't tell you what they did with any sort of specifics. Rich Dad, Poor Dad for example. I mean Og Mandino set the stage for that and it's still in play.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote