cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Finances
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2006, 10:45 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default good news, bad news

the good news is that my great-grandfather's homestead in Wyoming is for sale (after passing out of family hands many decades ago).

The bad news is that the 200+ acres are going for $2,250,000. This is Star Valley, so still pretty far from Jackson Hole and Yellowstone.

It's a dream of mine to own the old family homestead, but considering I had to sweat out buying a used car, this ain't gonna happen!!!
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:54 PM   #2
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters
the good news is that my great-grandfather's homestead in Wyoming is for sale (after passing out of family hands many decades ago).

The bad news is that the 200+ acres are going for $2,250,000. This is Star Valley, so still pretty far from Jackson Hole and Yellowstone.

It's a dream of mine to own the old family homestead, but considering I had to sweat out buying a used car, this ain't gonna happen!!!
I guess Star Valley is starting to get some spillover from Jackson? Very pretty country up there. I'd love to buy the ranch by grandpa used to own in Idaho, but that probably won't happen either, although it's "only" around $1.5 mil for 1500 acres.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote