cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2008, 12:04 AM   #1
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bright spot for BYU today........

The offense was pretty much unstoppable. We scored on every single possession but one. The one we didnt score on we downed a punt at the 1 yard line, forced a 3 and out and blocked UNLVs punt.

Hall had one of the best pass efficiency games of his career, over 185.

Hall completed passes to 9 different recievers today (unga, fui, george, Diluigi, CHambers, Collie, Pitta, Reed, Chambers. TDs went to Pitta, Chambers, Fui and George)

Collie went over 100 yards for the 6th straight game which is unbelievable.

Great balance 245 passing and 209 rushing.

0 turnovers

Only 1 penalty in the 2nd half.

Fui had 9 carries for 73 yards, he did a great job of getting his shoulders square to the line of scrimmage and running downhill today, looked like the Fui of old. As he ran I could here Berman doing his BOOM! BOOM!

31.6 yards per kickoff return is also very good, great return by Collie and great lead block by Chambers.

Also for those that were at the game, UNLV takes the lead 35-34, the crowed seemed to die a little, and then Chambers leaps that guy on the kickoff and it literally jump started the team and crowd, great shift of momentum.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:15 AM   #2
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

I was very happy with the O today. Of course....just about any offense could get better against UNLV's terrible defense.

We've been terrible on the road this season...so it'll be interesting to see if they can start playing with that same kind of consistency against CSU.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:55 AM   #3
Hot Lunch

Hot Lunch is on a distinguished road

The offense was awesome today. Hall looked great and spread the ball around.

Fui ran hard and was a monster out there.

I was disappointed in the first half with the way the O line was run blocking but something happened at half time that but a fire in them and they really dominated the line of scrimmage after the half.
Hot Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:33 AM   #4
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm impressed by how almost every guy that gets the ball is able to make people miss...and it isn't through any kind of great juke move or anything, they just stop, push people out of the way or make a quick hitch and get an extra 5-10 yards. That's good coaching.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:38 AM   #5
smokymountainrain

smokymountainrain is on a distinguished road

My favorite play of the day - a play I've been calling for all season. A lob pass to Chambers in the end zone. Let's see, we have the big, athletic, receiver with great hands - ya think we ought to take advantage of that size and athleticism? Hmmmm.

But then I love the fact that after he makes that play not only do they not go his way again, but I'm not sure he got in the game for an offensive play the remainder of the game.

Also, the "Fui drive" was beautiful. I don't like Fui as a runner at all, but I love the fact that they threw him a bone on that drive and he delivered. The play action from the 1 foot line and throw to Fui was the perfect capper.
smokymountainrain is offline   Reply With Quote