cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2008, 06:27 PM   #11
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
The only additional attention OSU received this week was the ute players thinking all day Friday that OSU is better than they thought. I don't know how that will translate to success on the football field. It's not like they started game planning and watching film on OSU before the Weber St. game Saturday.
How do you know?
Old 09-28-2008, 06:38 PM   #12
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
How do you know?
Do you really think they start implementing a game plan for Oregon state this week?
Old 09-28-2008, 09:07 PM   #13
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Do you really think they start implementing a game plan for Oregon state this week?
I think the Utes were thinking more about Weber than OSU, but the feeling I got throughout the game was that Utah was just trying to get this game out of the way. The Utes weren't really sharp at all, IMO. I have no idea if it was because they were looking ahead to Oregon State or if they were just being lulled to sleep by playing Weber State. Perhaps a combination of both.

As for the McBride factor, I'm guessing that KW never planned on trying to blow out the Wildcats. McBride is the guy who resuscitated the Utah football program and gave KW the job of DC. Before the game, KW and Mac were standing at midfield chatting and laughing for about 15 minutes. McBride paid more attention to the Utes warming up than his own team. When the band played Utah Man as the left the field after the National Anthem, I was watching McBride and he even gave a "Go Utes!" at the end of the song.

It was a rather boring game to attend. There never was any kind of buzz in the stadium or in the tailgate lot before the game. Nobody but Weber State seemed to be into it at all.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:13 PM   #14
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
over 300 passing yards to Weber State? A 16 point win over lowly Weber state does not look very good for the pollsters. I dont care if the touchdowns were late or not, I am looking at the drive chart and Weber moved the ball on Utah. Also another turnover by BJ, seems to be par for the course for him.

Dont say a damn word about how tough Weber state is either. By the way Hawaii beat Weber by more than Utah did and Hawaii lost to Oregon State 45-7.
A lot of those passing yards came against the 3rd stringers...
Old 09-28-2008, 09:22 PM   #15
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
The only additional attention OSU received this week was the ute players thinking all day Friday that OSU is better than they thought. I don't know how that will translate to success on the football field. It's not like they started game planning and watching film on OSU before the Weber St. game Saturday.
You keep saying this but I guarantee no one from Utah ever considered OSU an easy game. OSU routed the Utes last year, everything going wrong that could have. We don't have anything like the false pride of BYU. OSU was always a big game. Utes and their fans never did thenk the OSU game a sure win.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:36 PM   #16
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Webers QB is better than Jake Locker? You may want to rethink that statement.
Jake Locker is not very good. He's mostly a big ranger runner. Weber's quarterback is a pro set passer.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:52 PM   #17
Hot Lunch

Hot Lunch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
How do you know?
How do I know what? That they didn't start practicing for OSU? I don't know that they didn't. Can you prove otherwise? Unless you can, i am going to continue to think that the ute players didn't start practicing or watch film on OSU prior to playing Weber St.
Hot Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:40 PM   #18
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
A lot of those passing yards came against the 3rd stringers...
Not really.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:46 PM   #19
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Jake Locker is not very good. He's mostly a big ranger runner. Weber's quarterback is a pro set passer.
Plenty of pro set passers out there, not sure if you realize this but the pro set is a formation not a type of quarterback. If you are talking about a qb that fits in a Pro-style offense then you are still wrong. If you are talking about a prototypical NFL QB, once again you are wrong as well (6'2 195lbs doesnt cut). So I am not sure what you are saying. Maybe you are saying he is a decent 1-AA qb that has put up good numbers against D-II schools (yep not even schools in 1-AA, a step lower than that. They are about as good as Georgetown is in football, maybe this is something you can understand). Webers QB also had his worst game against Hawaii this year, with only 1 td and 2 ints. But he has feasted on D-II and NAIA schools so if you want to put Utah on that level feel free.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:46 PM   #20
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Hmm. Interesting. When BYU's third string was in against two 1A teams, they still didn't give up any points.