cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2007, 03:51 PM   #1
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road
Default Neither Tavernari nor Plaisted has heart

and as a result, neither will ever be the type of player their talent would allow. Cummard has tons of heart. I said it two years ago, I said it last year and I'll say it again. Lee Cummard is the key.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:12 PM   #2
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

JT can truly be a bad player. Seriously bad. That is the most dangerous type of player--a guy that can, when hot, shoot really well but a guy that is a disaster when he is not shooting well. And this year, besides 2 or 3 games, he has been pretty brutal to watch.

I do like Plaisted. He has to become a better foul shooter, but as we all know, he is very athletic and can do some things. I was very impressed with him earlier in the year, not quite as impressed with him lately, but he can still shine. I agree with you on Cummard. If he can stop all of the silly fouls, he is tremendous.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:38 PM   #3
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
JT can truly be a bad player. Seriously bad. That is the most dangerous type of player--a guy that can, when hot, shoot really well but a guy that is a disaster when he is not shooting well. And this year, besides 2 or 3 games, he has been pretty brutal to watch.

I do like Plaisted. He has to become a better foul shooter, but as we all know, he is very athletic and can do some things. I was very impressed with him earlier in the year, not quite as impressed with him lately, but he can still shine. I agree with you on Cummard. If he can stop all of the silly fouls, he is tremendous.
Toughest thing for Cummard is that he has to guard out of position all the time. He wouldn't get so many fouls if he was guarding wings. Guarding JT's guy, when he is in, has killed him...thus Collinsworth starting.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:52 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-dog View Post
Toughest thing for Cummard is that he has to guard out of position all the time. He wouldn't get so many fouls if he was guarding wings. Guarding JT's guy, when he is in, has killed him...thus Collinsworth starting.
He gets a lot of his fouls due to help defense. Meaning that he is challenging open shots around the basket where the other defender is still out at the 3 point line pulling their shorts up from their ankles.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote