cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2008, 05:31 AM   #11
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Uh, oh. There's trouble abrewin'. Triplet Daddy may have just touched a nerve on the 'napper. The only thing he seems to hate more than breast reduction surgery is a TO Lancer.
Actually, I hate a Royal Lowlander more. But the only one of those I know that posts on these internet boards is ZiaCougar on Cougarboard and Utefans and he was my oldest brother's roomate at the BYU. He was a convert and it was my folks who took him thru the temple and all that jazz. Whenever a guy tells you that your parents are the equivalence of his guardian angels, how can you hate him? Even if my folks are psycho......
Old 01-05-2008, 06:06 AM   #12
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Are you a freaking TO Lancer?

If so give my love to Brother Severn, I still recall him screwing my ward ball team my senior year......
TOHS Class of 89.

I thought I had brought that one up several times, but maybe not here.

Ironically, did you know that your beloved Army Black Knight is actually a Lancer?

So you know Chief? I assume you are speaking metaphorically about his actions toward your team. If not, there is no statute of limitations for that sort of thing and perhaps your fascination with sexual innuendo now can be explained.

That guy was serious about ward ball. Did you ever meet his daughter Gina? Rowrr!

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 03:02 PM   #13
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
When did you watch Michael?
During the State Playoffs.

I paid particular attention during their game against Cottonwood in the state playoffs.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:19 PM   #14
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
TOHS Class of 89.

I thought I had brought that one up several times, but maybe not here.

Ironically, did you know that your beloved Army Black Knight is actually a Lancer?

So you know Chief? I assume you are speaking metaphorically about his actions toward your team. If not, there is no statute of limitations for that sort of thing and perhaps your fascination with sexual innuendo now can be explained.

That guy was serious about ward ball. Did you ever meet his daughter Gina? Rowrr!
I was a Simi High Pioneer class of 1990. In fact I went to West Point with TO star tailback Mike Lindsey, until Mike quit our sophmore year. I do recall some of the LDS kids from TO, a couple of baseball players one who led the Marmonte League in batting average and was a slightly shorter version of Shawn Bradley who I think was class of '89 and _____ Christenson who was a power hitter and was class of '90. IIRC Christenson played baseball at the BYU. To this day the farthest softball I ever saw hit was by Christenson my junior year in a regional softball tourney. Knowing that his chick loved the long ball, I backed up a country mile and ran down one he hit so far that I had to relay it to another outfielder who relayed to the shortstop who then threw it to the second basemen so we could double up a kid at second who failed to tag up. I think the kid was in the dugout when I caught it and had to run from home to third to second and we still barely caught him. I also recall getting whiplash in a feeble effort to tackle some LDS fullback named Foster when the Lancers did their annual pounding of our sorry ass football team.

My senior year I played ward ball rather than high school as playing sounded more appealing than riding the pine. In the regional tourney it was discovered we had a non-member who did not live in our ward, it was an honest mistake. The kid went on a cruise and missed the first weekend. He came back the second weekend and we held him out of the 3rd round game on a friday nite to preserve our elgibility but played him when we played the Oxnard Spanish speaking ward in the championship. Severn then dq'd us totally and set up a second championship game between his team, who we had beaten without our ringer, and the Spanish Branch which I think TO 4 lost by about 30.

As I matured I decided Severn's squad deserved it if it meant that much to him as I doubt those tourneys would have existed without the time and effort he put into them for those of us who played and enjoyed ourselves.

TO High still sucks. In fact all you pampered pussies from the Conejo Valley suck. Olsen, Bobick, Jordan Cameron...anyone see a trend?

On the other hand, Severn's daughter and Brynn Cameron so other trends are obvious as well.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:23 PM   #15
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I think I'm an informed BYU football fan until I read this stuff about HS recruits. It's impressive, albeit borderline pathetic, how much you guys know about these kids.
Borderline Pathetic would be a great name for a band. Especially if I was in that band.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:23 PM   #16
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
I was a Simi High Pioneer class of 1990. In fact I went to West Point with TO star tailback Mike Lindsey, until Mike quit our sophmore year. I do recall some of the LDS kids from TO, a couple of baseball players one who led the Marmonte League in batting average and was a slightly shorter version of Shawn Bradley who I think was class of '89 and _____ Christenson who was a power hitter and was class of '90. IIRC Christenson played baseball at the BYU. To this day the farthest softball I ever saw hit was by Christenson my junior year in a regional softball tourney. Knowing that his chick loved the long ball, I backed up a country mile and ran down one he hit so far that I had to relay it to another outfielder who relayed to the shortstop who then threw it to the second basemen so we could double up a kid at second who failed to tag up. I think the kid was in the dugout when I caught it and had to run from home to third to second and we still barely caught him. I also recall getting whiplash in a feeble effort to tackle some LDS fullback named Foster when the Lancers did their annual pounding of our sorry ass football team.

My senior year I played ward ball rather than high school as playing sounded more appealing than riding the pine. In the regional tourney it was discovered we had a non-member who did not live in our ward, it was an honest mistake. The kid went on a cruise and missed the first weekend. He came back the second weekend and we held him out of the 3rd round game on a friday nite to preserve our elgibility but played him when we played the Oxnard Spanish speaking ward in the championship. Severn then dq'd us totally and set up a second championship game between his team, who we had beaten without our ringer, and the Spanish Branch which I think TO 4 lost by about 30.

As I matured I decided Severn's squad deserved it if it meant that much to him as I doubt those tourneys would have existed without the time and effort he put into them for those of us who played and enjoyed ourselves.

TO High still sucks. In fact all you pampered pussies from the Conejo Valley suck. Olsen, Bobick, Jordan Cameron...anyone see a trend?

On the other hand, Severn's daughter and Brynn Cameron so other trends are obvious as well.
It seems we are the exact same age. Who knew.

You are talking about Brent Christiansen. He was a great guy and a phenomenal athlete. If you played against him in regional softball tourney junior or senior year, then I was on his team (T.O. 4). I was the guy who maybe got on base once, but I drove off in a cool blue 3-speed '69 Mustang, so I had that going for me, which was nice.

Brent's claim to fame in my circle of friends was that thanks to him, we were able to land 3rd row center seats at Depeche Mode's 101 concert at the Rose Bowl. Tickets went on sale at Music Plus one Sunday morning. We all slept out overnight to get priority. So many people showed up that they decided to hand out wristbands to everyone, then pick a random number. That number would be the beginning of the line. We called all our friends to come get a wristband and increase our odds of getting a high draw. Brent drove over, picked up a wristband, and wound up being the front of the line. We gave him cash and he bought us 8 tickets. To this day, if anyone has seen 101, you can pause it during a few different crowd shots (works best on DVD) and see us for a second. We were standing almost directly behind the group of lookalikes who are holding up a drawing of all 4 members of Depeche. Those guys worked at Music Plus in T.O. and wound up being in the CD booklet for 101. That concert was a highlight of my high school career and it was all thanks to Brent Christiansen.

Playing ball for Chief was not that much fun, but his teams always won the Stake tourney and went far in regionals, and we were in the same ward, so what are you going to do? The guy was so serious about stuff. He would have us run drills, etc, for a ward ball team. I had never heard of a ward ball team holding regular practices, let alone running drills and stuff. Also, the night before games, we would have to call him and let him know we were home by 10PM (this was always a Friday night, mind you). My senior year I didnt even want to play. Chief recruiting 2 non-members that were about 7 feet tall and played baseball for TOHS. They pounded their way through to the tournament in Santa Barbara where they finally lost to a team from Carpinteria that had about 4 black guys on it, one of whom was smoking in the parking lot. That was the last memory I have of ward ball.

True story about Gina.....she was a fair lass and had a wild streak to her. She was dating a non-member guy named Jay. Our Senior year, Chief finally re-married......to the mother of Gina's boyfriend, Jay. So boyfriend/girlfriend and technically, half siblings, wind up living together in the same house. Did not end well. Or it ended VERY well, from Jay's perspective.

I have great memories of my time at TOHS. I was lucky to be there during a period of almost complete athletic dominance....we won ML football 3 of the 4 years, and my senior year we won CIF and played for the Championship against Channel Islands of all teams. We finally beat Canyon that year. My friends who played water polo won CIF and in soccer my sophomore year, I was able to play against a little known up and coming african american fellow at Westlake named Cobi Jones. For some reason, he was really good.

The only recollection I have of Simi is that sometime during my frosh or sophomore year, some English teacher was fired for engaging in oral copulation with one of her students. Her name was Dougherty. Now sure if she went to Royal or Simi.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:18 PM   #17
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

How did they do? I recorded the wrong HS all-star game.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #18
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Here you go:

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695241713,00.html
Old 01-06-2008, 06:25 PM   #19
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I watched a bit of the game and saw Holt catch a pass and Sorenson kick a FG and punt the ball.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote