cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Finances
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 12:58 AM   #1
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Any ideas for borrowing up to $25000 unsecured?

I started a business and would be interested in borrowing up to $25000 for use in the business. I only want to do an unsecured loan, just in case!

Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:03 AM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I started a business and would be interested in borrowing up to $25000 for use in the business. I only want to do an unsecured loan, just in case!

Go to bank. Not hard, you usually can get up to 250k unsecured, but even a guy with no credit can get 50K. Maybe you don't advise them it's for a speculative business venture, but perhaps to fix up house.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:11 AM   #3
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Go to bank. Not hard, you usually can get up to 250k unsecured, but even a guy with no credit can get 50K. Maybe you don't advise them it's for a speculative business venture, but perhaps to fix up house.
Any idea on the term of such loans? Any suggestions on lenders with lower rates?
Old 05-09-2007, 01:16 AM   #4
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Any idea on the term of such loans? Any suggestions on lenders with lower rates?
Unless you have mega wealth, go to a credit union or a local, smaller branch. Usually, unsecured lines of credit have rates tied to Prime, which prime is beyond me. Mine is one percent or three quarters of a percent over prime. It's below ten percent right now.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:09 PM   #5
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Do you want a loan or a line of credit?! Many business owners prefer the line of credit even though it has a slightly higher interest rate than a loan because credit needs always arise in a growing business... or a sinking business can use the funds too. When going to speak to a business banker, make sure you ask them about origination fees, annual fees (either a flat yearly or a percentage of the line), it's nice to know if it's evergreen or not, etc. etc.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:48 PM   #6
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Don't listen to Archaea ... if you are just starting up a business, you're not going to get 250k right off the bat. If you are a business 2 years or newer, the underwriters will look and at your personal credit and determine how much they will lend to you. The idea is that the business owner will exercise the same amount of responsibility with their business credit has they have with their personal.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:55 PM   #7
bYuPride

Quote:
Generally 2-5 years. Wells Fargo business credit products are pretty competitive, but it's a good idea to look around.

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 05-10-2007, 11:22 PM   #8
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

$25K unsecured? Trivial, my friend.

And paying interest is for chumps.

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=1860360
Old 05-10-2007, 11:30 PM   #9
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

That's a really interesting method ... I'm gonna have to look into that. You say some guys have their entire mortgages being held this way?
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:33 PM   #10
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

I love it.