cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > House Keeping > What should this site be?
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 03:35 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default well, we're a little ways into this now....

25 members, of which about 5 or so are posting.

I don't want this place to be huge, but we could use a bit more action.

Be patient? Build it, and they will come?

To be honest, I'm suprised there aren't a few more folks who are interested in a more thoughtful, slower-paced environment. Either cougarboard is getting more and more banal, or I'm growin up, or something inbetween.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 04:06 AM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default People are busy and people are accustomed to

the restrictions of cougarboard. LDS are basically rule followers.

However, all we need to do is invite more people, and it will grow. Go over there now late at chat and you'll get more.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 06:21 AM   #3
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you just be patient. I think you have a lot of potential with this format, and with the boarders who have registered but not yet posted.

Tell them there's cheerleader pictures allowed here! :twisted:

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 10:51 PM   #4
OhioBlue

OhioBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'm here

I actually miss the days of cougartalk, so maybe this will be a replacement of sorts. I just don't have the time nor the desire to try to hold any kind of meaningful dialogue or discussion on cougarboard, since to do so one has to get it all done in about a 30 minute span before the threads disappear onto page 7. 8) I enjoy Cboard and the work Jefe does, but honestly I soured a lot on that board after being repeatedly attacked for my views on Crowton, which incidentally were always fed by inside info and susbsequently proved correct. That and the rules enforcement has gotten out of control.

Well with that confessional out of the way, I welcome myself to this board. Mike, do we have a separate forum for psych talk (be it -ological or -iatric)?
OhioBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 12:40 AM   #5
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

separate forum for psych talk? sure I guess....if it's related to LDS psych issues it could go under Religion.

I'm sort of interested, as you know, in the nexus between psychiatry and religion, and more specifically, how that plays out in practical ways in my career...
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 02:46 AM   #6
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: well, we're a little ways into this now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters
To be honest, I'm suprised there aren't a few more folks who are interested in a more thoughtful, slower-paced environment. Either cougarboard is getting more and more banal, or I'm growin up, or something inbetween.
This board is exactly what I've been looking for Mike. I love discussions on church history in addition to my BYU sports talk. But for any religious discussion to be enjoyable for me I need a "warts and all" approach. Fairboards has too many kooks for me to enjoy thoroughly and cougarboard doesn't allow real religious discussion.

I think that there are many from cb who feel the same way and who will come here to supplement their addiction to cougarboard.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote