cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2008, 04:15 PM   #51
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
Bigpiney and Sister Piney are in. My wife and I would love to join, team CG willing.

Post #43 above has the other possible contenders. Applications are currently being accepted and reviewed in the order in which they are received. Make sure and include a processing fee of $200, payable to "Cash". Just send it to me. I'll know what to do with it.
I stated if you wanted old and slow, I'd join. Mike and Farrah should do it as well.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:10 AM   #52
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't believe this thing is only 2 days away. My team is stoked. Everyone's been training hard.

I went to the captain's meeting last Thurs, and they are saying they expect the race to be sold out in a matter of HOURS. Demand is so high that they will have pre-registration available at the finish line for teams that run it this year. They expect the cap to be 500-600 teams. If the majority of teams from this year sign up for next year at the finish, it's entirely possible that the event will be closed before registration even opens to the public. These guys hit a gold mine. The captain's meeting was SRO in a pretty good size conference room.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:36 PM   #53
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road

well, I would really like to do it, but that doesn't sound encouraging for getting a CG team together.
"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. "
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:32 PM   #54
bigpiney

bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
well, I would really like to do it, but that doesn't sound encouraging for getting a CG team together.
Runnercoug needs to be our captain adn sign us up.

Btw coach, any luck on completing a complete triathlon? You know, one that actually had 3 parts.
bigpiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:37 PM   #55
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpiney View Post
Runnercoug needs to be our captain adn sign us up.

Btw coach, any luck on completing a complete triathlon? You know, one that actually had 3 parts.
This weekend. The Provo tri, and the weather looks great.

Runnercoug, hook us up! Of course I am going to be the slowest bastard on the team, but I enjoy it.
"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. "
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:18 PM   #56
Runner Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
Runnercoug, hook us up!
I don't know if I can. From the sounds of it, most of my team wants to go again next year, so I'll be doing it with those guys. Not that I don't love each and every one of you, though.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:21 PM   #57
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
I don't know if I can. From the sounds of it, most of my team wants to go again next year, so I'll be doing it with those guys. Not that I don't love each and every one of you, though.
you suck.

next thing you know, you'll be on "So you think you can Dance" with UteStar and YOhio, as a team.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:10 PM   #58
Runner Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
you suck.

next thing you know, you'll be on "So you think you can Dance" with UteStar and YOhio, as a team.
They do require the entire $1000 fee at time of registration. If you want to send me your credit card number, I will see what I can do.

Seriously, though, I don't know how they're going to do it. If they will only allow one pre-registration per finished team, I'll be of no use. If they allow anyone who finished to pre-register a team, I'll be happy to do it. Fuegote may be in a better position to help than I am if he's not tied to a team next year.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:29 PM   #59
bigpiney

bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
They do require the entire $1000 fee at time of registration. If you want to send me your credit card number, I will see what I can do.

Seriously, though, I don't know how they're going to do it. If they will only allow one pre-registration per finished team, I'll be of no use. If they allow anyone who finished to pre-register a team, I'll be happy to do it. Fuegote may be in a better position to help than I am if he's not tied to a team next year.
All right Fuegote get on it. Oh captain my captain. Or was it Bluegoose that was in charge? I keep forgetting.

Come on guys make it happen.
bigpiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:48 AM   #60
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Our team is splitting in two for next year. I'm betting they'll let us preregister both teams. It's to their advantage to fill up as quickly as possible--why not let everyone register?
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote