cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2020, 11:32 PM   #31
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulcoug View Post
Its unfathomable for an average person in Iran to understand the level of embarrassment you are feeling for having Trump as an American let alone the president of the united state of America.
That's a complete misreading of America. I know the outside world has been trained to believe that Trump is a buffoon and that people in America hate him.

Most likely he's going to be reelected. One of the reasons is that he generally has stuck with what he promised to do. Most politicians never do so.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 05:20 AM   #32
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Iran is also misreading Trump if they think he is not willing to make a deal. But not like Obama. Obama would give away the house. Trump won't.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:11 PM   #33
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Iran is also misreading Trump if they think he is not willing to make a deal. But not like Obama. Obama would give away the house. Trump won't.
What would you do if you were Iran? Would you trust Trump to struck a deal with? What if your next president didn’t like Trump deal? Would you be willing to break Trump deal and build the new one to please new white house occupant?

See where it is going?

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 01-14-2020 at 04:17 PM.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 04:16 PM   #34
Mindfulcoug

What house Obama gave away? You mean the 150b$? The money was ours. The court had ruled out US confiscating the money. American tax payers would have to pay the interest to Iranians for keeping the money. It was a win for you.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:22 PM   #35
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
What would you do if you were Iran? Would you trust Trump to struck a deal with? What if your next president didn’t like Trump deal? Would you be willing to break Trump deal and build the new one to please new white house occupant?

See where it is going?
Or you could just continue down the path of being a pariah state. For what purpose? Why not join the modern world?

Why the continuous apocalyptic vision?
Old 01-14-2020, 08:20 PM   #36
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Or you could just continue down the path of being a pariah state. For what purpose? Why not join the modern world?

Why the continuous apocalyptic vision?
You didn’t answer my questions. Easy way out by making multiple vague questions?

We did join the “modern world” but you were the one who blew it. JCPOA was an international agreement and we stuck to it ,for more than a year, after the US unilaterally withdrew from it. May be you are not the “ modern world” as you claim to be.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:00 AM   #37
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Well, its hard for us to understand your system too. The fact that your country is basically breathing money and would do anything and everything to secure the power not for the sake of ordinary people but for a few powerful and yet dictates how to have a “democracy” around the world, is mind blowing.

I am not saying that we are perfect example of modern religious democracy or anything close to that but we are the people who wanted to have democracy like many other nations but you did dirty to us, multiple times, and you can’t expect us to trust you or your democracy.

Look at how in bed you are with the regional dictators. Do you think their people are too stupid to want to have a democracy? What would you do if for example there is a revolution in Saudi Arabia today? Would you help them? Or would you do whatever you can to tear them down like what you have been doing to us?

Living in peace requires respecting each other and respecting each other requires understanding each other, with isolating us you are never going to understand us and there will be no peace because of that.
No country has the classical definition of democracy, which means every person votes on every issue and also takes turns serving as the elected official. That is Solon's definition from ancient Greece. It doesn't exist.

The term as used in English misused. I can't tell you what the Farsi term, actually would mean, so maybe the terminology is confused in the translation.

We have a representative republic. And as I have said before, I don't want to change any government and prefer the people have the government that suits them. It's only how those countries impact our relations with allies, even imperfect allies such as Saudi Arabia or Israel, does it matter.

I would like to see the region stabilized, and I am more familiar with Sunni Islam than I am Shia Islam. I understand for example most of Iran is based on the Twelver faith, not the Sevener. I believe a secularization of the entire region would eliminate most of the conflicts. Religion is mostly to blame for the region's conflicts.

We actually have a very large middle class that is benefited by our economy, not just an upper elite as in most countries. An impoverished little Iranian girl, if she founds a company or discovers something wonderful, can dream of becoming and become a billionaire in our country. It is rare but it can happen.

As I observe the rest of the world, the chances of changing which economic sector one comes from, is hard in most other countries. Being middle class in the US means you enjoy a lot of benefits and services. Although I travel extensively, it is the country I am most comfortable living because the standard of living is high.

Do I like many of the politics? No. Yet, I won't be jailed if I protest or scream my dissent (I don't do that but could if I wanted to do so).
Old 01-15-2020, 01:38 PM   #38
MikeWaters
Demiurge

The view in America is that Iran is a fomenter of terrorism and conflict, particularly in the Middle East. And they are the prime destabilizer in the region.

Hence Trump backing out of the Obama deal.

What do you expect when the old president wore mom-jeans, and the new president doesn't? Things are going to be different.

You have the neo-con faction that wants to go to war with Iran, but they have been pushed aside because of the Iraq war fiasco. No one in America wants to be in another war in the Middle East.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:37 PM   #39
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
The view in America is that Iran is a fomenter of terrorism and conflict, particularly in the Middle East. And they are the prime destabilizer in the region.

Hence Trump backing out of the Obama deal.

What do you expect when the old president wore mom-jeans, and the new president doesn't? Things are going to be different.

You have the neo-con faction that wants to go to war with Iran, but they have been pushed aside because of the Iraq war fiasco. No one in America wants to be in another war in the Middle East.
We don’t care if he wears mom jeans or male thong, he is the US representative. Respect your damn signature and keep your damn promise.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:50 PM   #40
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
We don’t care if he wears mom jeans or male thong, he is the US representative. Respect your damn signature and keep your damn promise.
He WAS the US representative. Now he is just a dude wearing mom jeans.

I don't know the language of the contract, but one assumes that one can back out of the contact. Just like right now, Iran is now following the contract as they agreed to with members of the EU.

I guess it would be easier if we had dictators for life, and Iran could deal with the same person for 30 years, sort of like Iran likes to do it.