cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2022, 03:11 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tuiaki

1. BYU historically has not had good defenses. Not in my lifetime anyway. The Cotton Bowl year with Sarkisian...I recall that as a good defense. But even most Bronco M. defenses were "bend but don't break" at best.

2. BYU historically cannot recruit and develop defensive linemen. You look at the number of DL drafted in the NFL ever. It's like 4 guys. And one of them was a walkon from the track team that Bronco only glommed onto when scouts started taking note.

3. Remember back when our main weakness was CB? Now we actually have good corners and one good safety (Harper) and it's the rest of the defense that sucks.

4. This linebacker corp has been talked up so much. But they are way over-rated. Fill the gaps man! Get off blocks! Move up and attack! Tired of guys being dragged to their feet as they tackle the RB 10 yards down the field.

5. Does Sitake actually know what he's doing? That's never been clear to me. I kinda wonder if he is the happy go lucky CEO. I don't know.

6. Is the recruiting going to get better?

7. All the fans expected 4 star poly linemen to come to us now because we have a poly coach and a poly DC. Turns out poly 4-stars are mostly concerned with the same thing non-poly 4-stars care about. Good program, good coaching, good visibility, fair opportunities, and playing in the pros (we can add NIL to that now as well). Having a poly coach seems to be way, way down the list.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 10:22 AM   #2
Larry “Moose” Stubing

Larry “Moose” Stubing is on a distinguished road

Tuiaki has been fired. Getting blown out by teams such as Liberty and Coastal Carolina was unacceptable.

The Weber State guy is his replacement.
Larry “Moose” Stubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 03:07 AM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I am aware of that now.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote