cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2006, 07:25 PM   #21
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11
My cousin just returned from a 17 month stint in Afghanistan....

I can't talk to the dude. All he talks about all day long is blowing people up, blowing up targets, the sounds a fart makes, how weak the army is, how cool it is to fly a helicoptor naked, how big his cock is, how many pull-ups he can do, etc.....

Talk about a different person. 17 months ago the only things he would have talked with you about were, how beautiful his wife is, how the gospel saved his life, how beautiful his daughter is, how beautiful the mountains are, how he hated paying taxes, how much money he spent in fixing his 1972 truck, etc.....
sounds like the exact opposite of a mission. Guy comes back, freaks out when a girl sits next to him, can't believe the language that is on TV, talks about his mission non-stop, etc.

It's like Satan's mission. I can't imagine a lot of things more destructive to the spirit than killing people, whether it is justified or not. Doesn't the Book of Mormon warn of people that delight in the shedding of blood? The righteous man does so as a last resort, in defense, and certainly does not rejoice while doing so.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:27 PM   #22
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue
Mike, I posted a link to the definition of california penal code 187. Maybe Jefe will see it.
If I really cared what Jefe thought, maybe I wouldn't have insulted him in my appeal. Him and his minions.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:30 PM   #23
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster
...why is it surporising that some of them are cavalier about killing? It is, in my mind, inevitable at some level and one of the costs we pay for having a strong military.
Kind of like genital warts being the price we pay for promiscuous sex. Unfortunately, there are some who will always think that promiscuous sex is worth any price.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:34 PM   #24
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters
I did nothing more than say "I find it ironic that someone in the military with the username 'Murder Skills' is defending these soldiers." (to paraphrase).

I am a counterbalance to the people that defend murder, torture, and rape.

What kind of society would we have if no one stood up to abuses by our military? I don't apologize for one second.
Nor should you apologize. I think we need to police these abuses and do so vigorously. I am just saddened by the fact that such abuses and attitudes are, in my view, inevitable among a certain portion of those persons that are called upon to actually kill in our name. Whether the cause is just or not, the training the soldiers receive and the actions they must necessarily perform will lead to this sort of attitude.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:37 PM   #25
DirtyHippieUTE

DirtyHippieUTE is on a distinguished road

I haven't followed the guy's politics enough to defend or attack him. However... I called 187 out on this back in Dec. In a boardmail conversation following that exchange I got the impression he had no idea that 187 was rap slang for murder. He apologized and said that if it was going to cause that much of a problem he'd ask Jefe to let him change it.

It hasn't come up since then. I will be interested to see what he has to say now.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:50 PM   #26
livecoug

livecoug is an unknown quantity at this point

187 seems like a nice standup guy, i bet he would change his name if asked... but then again, i'm just a jefe minion..
livecoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:56 PM   #27
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I don't care if he changes it or not.

I do think he ought to be able to take the heat if someone criticizes him for it.

And I would think that discussion of his name would be fair game. If discussion is not fair game, then make him get rid of it!
Old 05-31-2006, 08:17 PM   #28
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

I agree, I like Skillz as well.

I honestly, sincerly thought that his name meant murder skillz, until recently. I think it was when I saw a picture of his plane that had 187 on it, and even then I thought it had a double meaning.

I also thought that it was kinda cool that a guy could get away with a moniker like that on CB.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:13 PM   #29
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't really care if a guy wants to call himself murder skillz. But to act like he didn't know what it meant was a bit lame. I would hypothesize that anyone who would spell skills with a "z" would also be hip enough to know what 187 means. It was a nice double entendre, he should just admit it and move on.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:14 PM   #30
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

The Cougarguard brethren can be quite judgemental when they want to.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote