cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2008, 08:36 PM   #41
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

For you toilet academics out there, let me ask you.....why do you read? Or better said, does it take you a long time to go to the bathroom?

Barring some violent illness, I am usually in and out in less than 2 minutes. Sit down, go, sit up, leave stall.

Why the reading? Do some of you find it harder to go to the bathroom? Maybe i am lucky in that sense. I never understood how someone had the time to read or found it enjoyable in there.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:40 PM   #42
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Why the reading? Do some of you find it harder to go to the bathroom?

No phone, no e-mail, no computer, not even a scretary. Like Robinson Crusoe, you're as alone as can be.

Or, as Elmer Fudd put it: west and weelaxation at wast.

Last edited by creekster; 01-08-2008 at 08:46 PM.
creekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:43 PM   #43
smokymountainrain

smokymountainrain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
For you toilet academics out there, let me ask you.....why do you read? Or better said, does it take you a long time to go to the bathroom?

Barring some violent illness, I am usually in and out in less than 2 minutes. Sit down, go, sit up, leave stall.

Why the reading? Do some of you find it harder to go to the bathroom? Maybe i am lucky in that sense. I never understood how someone had the time to read or found it enjoyable in there.
For some reason, even when I don't have a lot of extra time, it's easier for me to justify 10-15 minutes on the throne to get some reading done. I'm likely done with my business within 2-4 minutes, but I generally stay until I'm finished reading the article/chapter.
smokymountainrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:47 PM   #44
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
No phone, no e-mail, no computer, not even a scretary. Like Robinson Crusoe, you're as alone as can be.

Or, as Elmer Fudd put it: west and weelaxation at wast.
But you are in a toilet! Go outside and sit on a bench or something.

You could probably create your own Fortress of Solitutde inside a dumpster behind your office building. Nobody would bother you. Doesnt make it an ideal spot.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 01-08-2008, 08:48 PM   #45
creekster

Quote:
But you are in a toilet! Go outside and sit on a bench or something.

You could probably create your own Fortress of Solitutde inside a dumpster behind your office building. Nobody would bother you. Doesnt make it an ideal spot.

Not a bad idea . . .
Old 01-08-2008, 08:51 PM   #46
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I do much of my reading on the can. I can lock the door and ignore the people yelling "Daaaaad.....". They refer to my toilet as the "throne". And that's pretty accurate. It is a top-of-the-line TOTO with heated seat, electronic deodorizer, remote control butt-washer and dryer, etc. Come to think of it, you would love one of these. Highly sanitary.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:54 PM   #47
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Not a bad idea . . .
Sitting in a dumpster or sitting on a bench?

Who is more crazy...the guy who thinks public bathrooms are gross or the guy who is partial to relaxing in malodorous environs?

Old 01-08-2008, 08:57 PM   #48
creekster

Quote:
Sitting in a dumpster or sitting on a bench?

Who is more crazy...the guy who thinks public bathrooms are gross or the guy who is partial to relaxing in malodorous environs?
No, no, no, a Fortress of Solitude. I like it. It might look like a dumpster, but inside I could remodel. What a great idea.

I don't think you're crazy, btw, that was just a joke.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:14 PM   #49
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

In my home, there is more privacy in the bathroom than in my den. I really don't have my own "space", so the loo is the last haven of solace, especially because the seat is not made of porcelain.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:22 AM   #50
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I catch up on all my reading when in the bathroom. I even thumbtack the sports page to the wall so I can read when I pee. A lot of times I will start reading the long SI articles (human interest pieces) at the end of the magazine and my foot and butt will fall asleep by the time I am done.