cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2006, 02:56 AM   #51
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, thanks for the correction. I still think it was funny that he would skip a fun trip for something he could read about in the papers (had it been true).

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 04:20 AM   #52
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecoug
it wasn't hipocracy cause jefe knew.. the CG game was behind his back.. big difference.. like I said, if you proposed a prank to jefe, you would get his backing.. but i wouldn't suggest it cause there are too many people with panties in a bunch who would bitch and moan about it.. B4H was harmless!
Now, I appreciated the prank much more than the next guy-- I really thought it was funny. But...

The "big difference" amounts to whether or not Jefe knows about it?

Last edited by All-American; 05-20-2006 at 04:23 AM.
All-American is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 06:15 AM   #53
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Bernard 4 Heisman was one of the best pranks ever, a lot of posters would drop suttle hints and they made it sound like we were either landing a big recruit or something huge was happening, the hype that is recieved was unbelievable. Then when it was announced some people that lacked a sense of humor flew off the deep end.

Didnt all the parties involved end up being suspended for a day or somethign like that?
Old 05-20-2006, 02:19 PM   #54
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie
Bernard 4 Heisman was one of the best pranks ever, a lot of posters would drop suttle hints and they made it sound like we were either landing a big recruit or something huge was happening, the hype that is recieved was unbelievable. Then when it was announced some people that lacked a sense of humor flew off the deep end.

Didnt all the parties involved end up being suspended for a day or somethign like that?
I thought it was hilarious, but of course I was one of the main planners of it. I got a 3 day ban for it though because of all of the people whining about it. The whole reason I did it though was to make fun of watkins4heisman, it just kep getting bigger and bigger. We photoshopped a bunch of photo's about it.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 06:24 PM   #55
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

It was a fantastic prank, made even more fantastic by people who actually ALTERED their schedules around the announcement.

It was damn funny and even funnier that it pissed so many people off.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:47 PM   #56
Tim

Tim is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tim Send a message via MSN to Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue
It only made people angry because it accentuated the hypocrisy of the board management … a clique of posters were permitted to ignore jefe’s sacred rules in the name of being silly!

My diminished presence on Cougar Board can be traced back to that prank.

Those that participated in the Cougar Guard War of May 06 :-P were not afforded the same grace as those that pranked Cougar Board members.
I have to chime in on this one, since I was one of the orchestrators of the plot. Tooblue... what do you find hypocritical? Maybe hypocrisy isn't the word you're looking for, because there was nothing hypocritical in that incident. No rules were broken, no players smeared, nothing was done except to show how many people let CougarBoard run their lives.

I'm totally confused as to what you would see as hypocritical.

Tim
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 09:51 PM   #57
OhioBlue

OhioBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim
nothing was done except to show how many people let CougarBoard run their lives.

Tim
Wow that was a while ago, huh. Well I'll also chime in briefly on this one. I had mixed opinions about it, but honestly mostly just thought it was kinda lame how it was announced. The actual website and related stuff were humorous but probably only for diehard regulars.

Here's who I thought were bugged most: the average cougarboard visitor, eg the BYU fan who doesn't post much if at all but stops in to catch inside information, discussion of rumors, etc. To these people, and anyone who spends less than say 2 hours a week on cougarboard, the prank just came off dumb. Of all those that insisted how funny it was I never saw this point acknowledged by any of them.

Last thing--Tim because I love you man I have to point out the irony of your statement above. I can't help but see the dual interpretation of what you said, considering the time and effort and planning, scheming, plotting, creating, etc that went into "The Hoax." So which people did you mean live their lives around Cougarboard??

Last edited by OhioBlue; 05-20-2006 at 09:54 PM.
OhioBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 10:16 PM   #58
Tim

Tim is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tim Send a message via MSN to Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBlue
Wow that was a while ago, huh. Well I'll also chime in briefly on this one. I had mixed opinions about it, but honestly mostly just thought it was kinda lame how it was announced. The actual website and related stuff were humorous but probably only for diehard regulars.

Here's who I thought were bugged most: the average cougarboard visitor, eg the BYU fan who doesn't post much if at all but stops in to catch inside information, discussion of rumors, etc. To these people, and anyone who spends less than say 2 hours a week on cougarboard, the prank just came off dumb. Of all those that insisted how funny it was I never saw this point acknowledged by any of them.

Last thing--Tim because I love you man I have to point out the irony of your statement above. I can't help but see the dual interpretation of what you said, considering the time and effort and planning, scheming, plotting, creating, etc that went into "The Hoax." So which people did you mean live their lives around Cougarboard??
I freely admit my addiction to Cougar-related internet sites. I am not into endless internet speculation, though, like some people are. Those days last summer were crazy -- some people were spending all hours of the night talking about the most bizarre and abstract possibilities, then freaking out and making assumptions based on the speculation that they themselves had made. People would treat all of their own speculation as fact, then it was like they would FORGET that it was just speculation and they would use that speculation as fact when situations changed. It was a very interesting time on CougarBoard and we simply wanted to acknowledge that.

Tim
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote