cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2010, 12:52 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Dez Bryant thing

The only reason I can imagine that Jeff Ireland asked Dez Bryant if his mother was a prostitute is that he wanted to know just what Dez had overcome in order to be in the position that he is currently in.

Was his mother around? Was his mother in prison? Was his mother abusive? It's funny how none of those questions would get people upset. Yet imagine how difficult it would be for a young man if he knew his mother had been a prostitute.

By the way, the drugs for sex trade is ongoing in American, every day, every night.

What's not clear to me is how this exchange every came to the notice of the public. If Dez himself brought it up, that's kind of curious. Because most athletes are in the business of improving their reps for the sake of endorsements, not bringing more scrutiny upon themselves and their past and their unfortunate relations. But you can't blame him for doing so, even if it wasn't in his financial interest. That's why you won't see Dez Bryant talking any further about it.

Having said what I perceive as a possible motivation for asking, I'm not sure that having all the details is all that useful. Life was tough. No dad. Mom in jail. Druggie. If you want to know more details about how rough, you ask open-ended questions and let Dez fill in the blanks. Because ultimately you are after his understanding of what happened. You are not conducting an interrogation to find the "facts."
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote