cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2009, 04:16 AM   #11
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/...945114,00.html

I was reading this article....one thing that comes out is this: does anyone actually truly know Tiger Woods? Beyond the Nike and shaving commercials? Beyond the intense looks on the golf course, the hyper-competitiveness, the swearing and juvenile angry behavior? Beyond the story of his father and his grooming to be a golf phenom? Sure he is articulate as far as sports icons go......but what is behind that mask?

Does it matter? The guy can hit a small ball with more power and accuracy than anyone else on the face of the earth. You might think, who gives a rat's ass. Just maybe, Tiger is not as smart, not as cool, not as interesting as we thought. Just maybe he lives a shallow, vapid life--yes full of money, a beautiful wife, 2 children, and perhaps pretty but bimbo-esque mistresses. And what else?

When you get down to it--do you know anyone really well? It's possible that people you thought you knew well can stab you in the back, and then ask, what's wrong, why are you acting all glum? Some of my friends could be having affairs, I wouldn't know. One of my best friends got divorced over his wife having affairs. Shocked me.

It's hard to find interesting people. Sure, almost everyone is interesting in their own way. But I'm talking about people who are intellectually alive, who are curious and open, who think and live deeply. Some of them might be right under my nose, friends even, and I don't know it. Surely we've had the experience of happening to get to know a friend or acquaintance better, and found that we had vastly understimated that person.

So who is Tiger? And next, who are you?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:06 PM   #12
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/...945114,00.html

When you get down to it--do you know anyone really well? It's possible that people you thought you knew well can stab you in the back, and then ask, what's wrong, why are you acting all glum? Some of my friends could be having affairs, I wouldn't know. One of my best friends got divorced over his wife having affairs. Shocked me.
And your friends don't have media stalking them everywhere. Your friends have 100x more privacy. If a friend leaves a voicemail saying "delete my number from your phone," it's not going to be sold to the tabloids.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:05 AM   #13
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Dailybeast is reporting that Tiger is in financial talks WITH HIS WIFE, to prevent her from leaving/divorcing him.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-a...=hp:mainpromo1

This is enough to actually throw up in your mouth a little. Is Tiger some kind of multinational robot invention?
Old 12-04-2009, 02:55 AM   #14
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

Earlier this year, Forbes reported that Tiger was the first athlete in history to surpass $1 billion in career earnings; $80 mil in golf winnings and appearance fees, and $920 mil in endorsements.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:02 AM   #15
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I recognize that a million here and a million there is loose change for Tiger Woods.

But that there would be a negotiation to continue what has to be a sham marriage at this point (if it isn't to be a sham, why the negotiations?)......how lame is that?

I actually have some pride. I would tell him, "I'm only staying if you promise to be true, blah, blah, blah, and the only way I am going to believe you is for you to tear up the prenup altogether."

Let's face it, a prenup probably incentivizes a person towards infidelity--lack of consequences.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #16
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I recognize that a million here and a million there is loose change for Tiger Woods.

But that there would be a negotiation to continue what has to be a sham marriage at this point (if it isn't to be a sham, why the negotiations?)......how lame is that?

I actually have some pride. I would tell him, "I'm only staying if you promise to be true, blah, blah, blah, and the only way I am going to believe you is for you to tear up the prenup altogether."

Let's face it, a prenup probably incentivizes a person towards infidelity--lack of consequences.
$50 million is a lot of money. For that much, I'd marry him for two years.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #17
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Reports that Elin moved out with the kids.

This thing keeps getting uglier and uglier for Tiger.

Looks like every other weekend for Tiger might be a possibility. And there might be other little Tigers running around he didn't know about.

Athletes cheating on their wives--that happens all the time. But there is something different about Tiger. Smart, Stanford-educated, solid parenting, articulate, the gentleman's game--golf. I think that is why the public is so interested. This was not an affair. This was serial philandering with skanks.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:16 PM   #18
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Reports that Elin moved out with the kids.

This thing keeps getting uglier and uglier for Tiger.

Looks like every other weekend for Tiger might be a possibility. And there might be other little Tigers running around he didn't know about.

Athletes cheating on their wives--that happens all the time. But there is something different about Tiger. Smart, Stanford-educated, solid parenting, articulate, the gentleman's game--golf. I think that is why the public is so interested. This was not an affair. This was serial philandering with skanks.
So far the public scrutiny is just playing the front nine. Imagine what will happen once it gets to the back nine.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:30 AM   #19
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

Have you seen the cover photo and caption for the Jan 2010 issue of Golf Digest? Brutal timing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/1..._n_375466.html
Old 01-26-2010, 02:53 AM   #20
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Because you wanted to know...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-a...=hp:mainpromo4