cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2008, 05:19 PM   #51
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
let's see ... Canada recenly has been leading the way, pleading with NATO et al to continue support for anti-terror efforts in Afghanistan! By the way four more Canadian soldiers were wounded in Afghanistan yesterday.
Obviously, they haven't done a good enough job positioning their troops in a low risk area. Look for some drastic troop repositioning in response to this outbreak of casualties.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:23 PM   #52
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
You are right... The hoseheads are leading the war on terror! They are the only guys in afghanistan right now. Great Job!
Never said they were the only ones in Afghanistan but they are one of the few remaining allies that commits troops to combat and actively champions support for the war.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:26 PM   #53
tooblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Obviously, they haven't done a good enough job positioning their troops in a low risk area. Look for some drastic troop repositioning in response to this outbreak of casualties.
Uhh ... next time before you speak go and do a little research.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/af...ies/total.html
Old 02-18-2008, 05:40 PM   #54
tooblue

Quote:
Uhh ... next time before you speak go and do a little research.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/af...ies/total.html
Here's some more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada's_role_in_the_invasion_of_Afghanistan
Old 02-18-2008, 05:54 PM   #55
malapert

malapert is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Terrorism is a global problem that will require global solutions ... who will lead the way -the US? Unfortunately American foriegn policy has failed and Americans have proven to be anything but a leader.
Some Canadians have a terrible case of repressed wishes to be part of the most important and enlightened society in the history of mankind. The feelings of inferiority and psychic conflict cause them to lash out, exposing their underlying insecurities.

We need to be patient and understanding of those suffering from these symptoms. Be kind, don't exacerbate the situation by confronting them with facts. They dismiss facts, like the addict denies her addiction.

"He has all the virtues I dislike--and none of the vices I admire." -Winston Churchill

"He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends." -Oscar Wilde

"In order to avoid being called a flirt, she always yielded easily." -Charles, Count Talleyrand
malapert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:57 PM   #56
tooblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by malapert View Post
Some Canadians have a terrible case of repressed wishes to be part of the most important and enlightened society in the history of mankind. The feelings of inferiority and psychic conflict cause them to lash out, exposing their underlying insecurities.

We need to be patient and understanding of those suffering from these symptoms. Be kind, don't exacerbate the situation by confronting them with facts. They dismiss facts, like the addict denies her addiction.
That type of juvenile sarcasm, born of insecurity might play well on CougarBoard but unfortunately it simply demonstrates you are in over your head here. The facts contradict your opinion and even worse for you -I'm not Canadian, I'm a red blooded American who willing lives in Canada!

No no no, don't contradict malapert with the truth. His little mind can't take it ... USA USA USA!

lol

Last edited by tooblue; 02-18-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:18 PM   #57
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
That type of juvenile sarcasm, born of insecurity might play well on CougarBoard but unfortunately it simply demonstrates you are in over your head here. The facts contradict your opinion and even worse for you -I'm not Canadian, I'm a red blooded American who willing lives in Canada!

No no no, don't contradict malapert with the truth. His little mind can't take it ... USA USA USA!

lol
Come on malapert was funny.

USA USA USA!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 03:36 AM   #58
malapert

malapert is on a distinguished road

Quote:

lol
Carpetbagger Canadians suffer these symptoms more acutely.

LOL

"He has all the virtues I dislike--and none of the vices I admire." -Winston Churchill

"He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends." -Oscar Wilde

"In order to avoid being called a flirt, she always yielded easily." -Charles, Count Talleyrand
malapert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:20 PM   #59
tooblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by malapert View Post
Carpetbagger Canadians suffer these symptoms more acutely.

LOL
USA USA USA ... by the way we are laughing at you not with you! USA USA ..
Old 02-19-2008, 12:33 PM   #60
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

The biggest problem with Americans is not recognizing how good they have it living in their own country. After living in 3 different countries and visiting a couple dozen more, I thank God every day I get to live in the USA now.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote