cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2007, 11:51 PM   #11
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

My list:

Pretty much anybody associated with BYU football, ie coaching staff, AD's office, etc. I have spoken with almost all of them on a personal level. However there are a few that have 'cooler' connections than just being part of my old 'job perks'...

Steve Young sat next to my dad on a flight to and from San Jose, and they talked and became good friends for a while. One day when I was like 11, Steve called my dad at home, and I happened to answer the phone. I was shocked when I realized I was talking to Steve Young. He hooked us up with 49ers tickets a few times, and was a really nice guy the few times I met him.

My aunt dated Robbie Bosco while at BYU. He came up and I swam with him at my grandpa's pool when I was like 4. Too young to remember much else though.

My other aunt turned down Bronco Mendenhall when he asked her to be his girlfriend in High School (or Junior High) I believe.

My Uncle played JV on the 1987 or 1988 BYU Basketball team (the one that was really good and ranked #2) so I got to meet most of those players, which was pretty cool.

My step aunt is/was married to Robert Anae's brother.

I've seen Tony Danza and Joan Rivers skiing at Deer Valley.

My dad broke up the fight between Larry H. Miller and a few Denver fans at the Delta Center in the playoffs probably 10 years ago. He was on the front page of the Newspaper and on Sportscenter on ESPN. So that was kinda cool.

Not great, but it works, I guess.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote