cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 05:57 AM   #1
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Disappointed in the season finale of 24.

Did not have the fireworks we are used to. Instead of dead spouses, we have a pregnant Chloe. Instead of Jack being carried away by the Chinese, we have Jack (presumably) pondering suicide on the cliffs.

Too many open holes:

Everyone assumes the microchip was destroyed in the assault, but Jack's dad gave it to Chang, and Chang ended up in the CTU helicopter. He could stow it up his ass.

No word on if Charles Logan died. It was never resolved if President Keeler survived either.

No word on Lisa Miller's condition, or Wayne Palmer's condition.

Did you know they have different writers with each episode? As a result, one of them kills off Audrey, and six episodes later another brings her back by saying it was staged. Similar to Tony apparently dying in an explosion in season 3; a bit later someone else said nah, let's bring him back.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:35 AM   #2
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Worst season yet, I'm relieved it's over.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:07 PM   #3
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

It was definetly the worst of the 6 seasons.

Let's hope next year it's much better.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:43 AM   #4
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I think Chang actually gave the chip to Jack's dad to take onto the sub at the end. But we don't ever see Jack's dad die, and he was right next to a boat when Jack left him (doesn't make much sense to me- why didn't Jack just hop in the boat with the dad?).

They need to get away from having 18 different terrorist attacks in 24 hours. I guess it increases the drama, but it makes it that much less believable and, for me, less entertaining.
I agree ... one of the reasons season 2 is my favorite is the drama building up to the "one big moment" with the nuke. They introduce problems and resolve them too quickly nowadays.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:45 PM   #5
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

There are several guaranteed plot twists for next season and all remaining seasons:

- All of the head bad guy's followers will commit suicide when on the brink of being captured.

- When the head bad guy is caught, he will insist on immunity signed by the president before revealing where the [nuke, virus, detonator] is.

- The president will struggle with the moral consequences of granting immunity, for about ten seconds, and then do it.

- Every time the head bad guy is captured and receives immunity, it will be revealed that he follows yet a higher ranking mastermind. This will happen no less than three times.

- There will be a mole in CTU and in the White House.

- CTU will be compromised.

- Over the course of the season, more CTU security officers will be killed than terrorists.

- More CTU employees will be pharmaceutically interrogated than terrorists.

- CTU will be led by no less than 3 directors or acting directors during the 24 hours.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:23 PM   #6
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
There are several guaranteed plot twists for next season and all remaining seasons:

- All of the head bad guy's followers will commit suicide when on the brink of being captured.

- When the head bad guy is caught, he will insist on immunity signed by the president before revealing where the [nuke, virus, detonator] is.

- The president will struggle with the moral consequences of granting immunity, for about ten seconds, and then do it.

- Every time the head bad guy is captured and receives immunity, it will be revealed that he follows yet a higher ranking mastermind. This will happen no less than three times.

- Over the course of the season, more CTU security officers will be killed than terrorists.

- CTU will be led by no less than 3 directors or acting directors during the 24 hours.
LOL. Wow, you nailed it. It just goes to show how cyclical it's become. They are out of fresh ideas for sources of conflict.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:31 AM   #7
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

Another one that I forgot:

- When needing to drive to another location in greater Los Angeles for whatever reason, the entire drive will be accomplished during the 4-minute commercial break.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:35 AM   #8
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post

In addition to those, I am constantly annoyed by the following:

- Apparently any terrorist (or wanna be terrorist) in the world can just pick up the phone and immediately be patched through to the President of the United States. Who knew he was so accessible!

- Jack will always be panting during every single discussion and will always rapidly be turning his view from one side to the other

- When an event calls for a bomb to be dropped on a location, they will use a SWAT team; when an event calls for a SWAT team, they will use a bomb

- If someone falls in love on the show, you can almost guarantee that one of the lovers will die or be kidnapped by the end of the 24 hours

- If someone is captured, they will later get away

- No matter what Jack does, or how many laws he breaks, or how many direct presidential orders he violates, he will always be forgiven within 20 minutes of his error

- The ability of the President to actually be the President will be challenged on multiple occasions during each 24 hour period, no matter how ridiculous the challenge is, and then the President will always forgive everyone who just attempted what amounts to a coup

- The US will ALWAYS negotiate with terrorists

- Terrorists will demand the sacrifice of at least one person somehow affiliated with CTU, and CTU will always happily comply

- Terrorists will always gain control of CTU's computer systems

- I will keep watching it for some inexplicable reason

Last edited by Cali Coug; 05-25-2007 at 04:38 AM.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote