cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2009, 05:10 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Another philosopher on gun ownership

http://inmedias.blogspot.com/2009/03...-and-guns.html
Old 03-26-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Notice how they trash the idea that we can be robbed of our sovereignty by others.

As if this has never happened, at any time in history, as if it is preordained that America will keep rolling along as the experiment that never fails. As if there is no harm in paving the way for a dictator, because it is not possible one should ever arise.

Revolutionaries my ass.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:27 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Anecdotally, it is reported that there are many, many new gun owners in the past few months. Suddenly, something that many people thought "I will get around to that eventually" or "It would probably be a good idea at some point" became "I should do this now."

A quality gun can be a multi-lifetime investment. It's something that will be passed to your children and your grandchildren. A quality gun holds its value. And should Obama and Holder get their way, a quality gun is something that your children may never have the option of purchasing. Your decision now, could possibly impact your posterity in significant ways.

I am not a doomsday-ist. I believe in the future. I fight for a better future. I prepare for a bountiful harvest. But I also prepare for leanness. I prepare for my disability and death. The overwhelming amount of my time and resources are invested in the idea of a beautiful life of plenty and abundance. Call me a fool for hedging my bets, that's fine. I will happily be the fool. And if I am not the fool, then... "The king was shaken. He went up to the room over the gateway and wept. As he went, he said: 'O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom! If only I had died instead of you—O Absalom, my son, my son!'"

I don't warn my enemies. I warn my friends. To take the very basic steps that will help ensure your family's safety in times of need, as prophets have counseled. Remember the 10 virgins. That is all.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:32 AM   #4
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Notice how they trash the idea that we can be robbed of our sovereignty by others.

As if this has never happened, at any time in history, as if it is preordained that America will keep rolling along as the experiment that never fails. As if there is no harm in paving the way for a dictator, because it is not possible one should ever arise.

Revolutionaries my ass.
Well said, Mike.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote