cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2008, 06:31 AM   #71
Gidget

Gidget is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERCougar View Post
No penalties (except for shame), but I think I've got a reward system that will get me right through this. Sexual favor per weight loss goal achieved. My wife signed on--proof that she really does think I'm fat.
If I felt like this might work for Surfah I would do it, could somebody please convince him?

P.S. I need to lose 5 or 10 pounds. But I could do it with daily exercise and no fast food and sweets. Let's see what happens now that I moving in with my in-laws, free exercise room to use, but will I be bold enough to go from the third floor to the first trying not be seen by my mom-in-law? I just don't know if success is in the future.
I am a philosophical Goldilocks, always looking for something neither too big nor too small, neither too hot nor too cold, something jussssst right. I'll send you a card from purgatory. - PaloAltoCougar
Gidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:26 PM   #72
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidget View Post
If I felt like this might work for Surfah I would do it, could somebody please convince him?
Where do I sign?

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:08 PM   #73
landpoke

landpoke is on a distinguished road

Same (240). Which is better than more I suppose.

Played nine (walking) this morning so I hope someday to see the effects of my uber rigorous workout routine. I need to figure out a way not to eat so much at night which is what is tripping me up as I'm eating pretty well during the day. Maybe a decent sized mid-afternoon snack. And I'm mostly talking to myself right now but feel free to chime in.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:09 PM   #74
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

tell your wife to put a lock on the fridge. keep the fatties away.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:50 PM   #75
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by landpoke View Post

Played nine (walking) this morning so I hope someday to see the effects of my uber rigorous workout routine. I need to figure out a way not to eat so much at night which is what is tripping me up as I'm eating pretty well during the day. Maybe a decent sized mid-afternoon snack. And I'm mostly talking to myself right now but feel free to chime in.
Try to go to bed earlier and then wake up earlier to exercise. My worst time is after ten and if I get started I don't stop until about midnight looking for food. If I'm asleep I don't eat. It helps if the wife puts a smile on your face also as that burns a few more calories.

Eddy Merckx
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:51 PM   #76
landpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
tell your wife to put a lock on the fridge. keep the fatties away.
I'll cut you.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:02 PM   #77
landpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
Try to go to bed earlier and then wake up earlier to exercise. My worst time is after ten and if I get started I don't stop until about midnight looking for food. If I'm asleep I don't eat. It helps if the wife puts a smile on your face also as that burns a few more calories.
It's really more the dinner time for me, round about six I seem to be much more hungry than I am the rest of the day. I'm wondering if I have a substantial snack around 3-4 if that won't blunt the hunger later.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:02 PM   #78
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERCougar View Post
I'm not really fat, per se, but I have about 20 lbs I could do without. I've been planning on "doing without" them for about 7 years without much success. I also like to run, but am really frustrated that I'm so much slower than I used to be; I'm thinking that if I can lose the 20 lb backpack, I might be able to run a little faster.

I'm thinking I need someone/something to check in to. So forgive me--I know these can be really annoying, but I'm going to check in with cougarguard. If you don't care, skip it, put me on ignore, whatever.

Right now, I weigh 209.8 (24.5 % BF according to my little impedance scale). By the Snow Canyon half-marathon on Nov 9, I'm going to weigh 190 (my weight on my wedding day), which amounts to about 1 lb/week.

Anyone else want to check in?
203.8 (23.6% BF) lbs.
3 wk total of 6 lbs

And I got to eat some mean ribs and chocolate cake saturday night.
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:16 PM   #79
landpoke

Upped my rigorous workout regime to two nines of golf, a hike in the mountains and some other sundry stuff. The net result was a loss of two pounds.

238 this am.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:40 PM   #80
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by landpoke View Post

Alas poke it is the beer (at night no less) that will do you in, rather than the food.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote