cougarguard.com  unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 02:16 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Orgasmatron
Posts: 24,224
Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hammer Heat endurance

I will be in Lubbock this weekend for a hellacious temperature/humidity tri. However, I will be trying out, I know don't do on race day what you haven't practiced, Hammer Heat Endurance formula. It requires you take for three days prior to race, a certain mixture three times a day in order to cause you to retain water, up to three percent of your body weight.
__________________
Ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:48 PM   #2
bigpiney
Senior Member
 
bigpiney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Big Pine , CA
Posts: 842
bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I will be in Lubbock this weekend for a hellacious temperature/humidity tri. However, I will be trying out, I know don't do on race day what you haven't practiced, Hammer Heat Endurance formula. It requires you take for three days prior to race, a certain mixture three times a day in order to cause you to retain water, up to three percent of your body weight.
I had never heard of that, but the concept seems interesting. I hate really exerting myself in the heat.

Good luck this weekend.

If you really want to retain water, you need to get pregnant. THe last few weeks before my wife gives birth she starts retaining water like she is Violet Beauregard.
bigpiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:52 PM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Orgasmatron
Posts: 24,224
Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpiney View Post
I had never heard of that, but the concept seems interesting. I hate really exerting myself in the heat.

Good luck this weekend.

If you really want to retain water, you need to get pregnant. THe last few weeks before my wife gives birth she starts retaining water like she is Violet Beauregard.
My training partner, who owns a running store, provided it to me, because he knows of my propensity to end up in the medical tent.
__________________
Ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:06 PM   #4
bigpiney
Senior Member
 
bigpiney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Big Pine , CA
Posts: 842
bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
My training partner, who owns a running store, provided it to me, because he knows of my propensity to end up in the medical tent.
So I am guessing it will allow you to push yourself that much harder for longer till you still end up in the tent anyway. Hope not though.
bigpiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:09 PM   #5
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Orgasmatron
Posts: 24,224
Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpiney View Post
So I am guessing it will allow you to push yourself that much harder for longer till you still end up in the tent anyway. Hope not though.
The unattainable goal for me is to reach a point where I can push myself to just the edge until reaching the finish line. Typically I burn out right before the run or during the run.
__________________
Ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.