cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 09:50 AM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AFA might wear us down in fourth

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_6962082

It would be weird if AFA wins conference in October.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:44 PM   #2
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default This is a good match up for BYU at this point in time.

BYU must beat AF. It is going to require BYU to execute. AF will not beat themselves and they often win by allowing the opponent to self destruct. IMO, today is a big game for BYU. Has BYU gained the requisite discipline and confidence to beat a team they should?

Today BYU has a chance to prove that it will not make the mental mistakes of the past two weeks. AF does not have the athleticism of either team, yet I can gurantee you that their defense will play tougher than Tulsa. This is a team that BYU should be able to control, wear down and dominate on the LOS. This is a team where BYU should have athletic advantages with their tight ends and backs. It is a good matchup for BYU as the Falcons should not be better than BYU at the key positions, but for BYU to win they are going to have to prove that they can not turn the ball over, block blitzes and execute on both sides of the ball.

I view this as a game where a loss is far more damaging than a win is encouraging. Lose and things could spin out of control, win there is an even larger challenge looming next week in New Mexico.

I believe this is the type of game where Bronco's personality being imbued upon BYU will show through. Whereas the Y choked last week, they fought to the bitter end. I think that effort will pay off this week.

I would like it to be a blowout but I think mistakes by BYU will keep AF in the game until the 4th qtr where the strength and depth of BYU will shine through leading the Y to a two td victory.