cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2009, 03:11 AM   #21
Burning Bright

Burning Bright is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Has the passage of time always been constant?
I don't think it's constant now. It's relative.

By the way, James Talmage was at Adam-ondi-Ahman and he observed a pile of rocks that Joseph Smith said was the remains of an altar that Adam had made. The rocks were full of fossils.
Burning Bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:27 AM   #22
CardiacCoug

CardiacCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Bright View Post
I don't think it's constant now. It's relative.

By the way, James Talmage was at Adam-ondi-Ahman and he observed a pile of rocks that Joseph Smith said was the remains of an altar that Adam had made. The rocks were full of fossils.
Do you really believe that the first person who lived on the earth built an altar that still exists in some form in Missouri?

And you're saying that fossils in the rocks represent evidence that animals or plants died and were already fossilized before the first people? And this would be used to contradict Joseph Fielding Smith's claim that nothing died before The Fall of Adam?

Talk about coming to the correct conclusion by means of outrageously faulty reasoning. How old are you?
CardiacCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:27 AM   #23
Burning Bright

Burning Bright is on a distinguished road

Do you really believe that the first person who lived on the earth built an altar that still exists in some form in Missouri?

I believe Adam built some type of altar in what's now Missouri.

And you're saying that fossils in the rocks represent evidence that animals or plants died and were already fossilized before the first people?

There were fossils in the rocks Adam used. The fossils are evidence of ancient life.

And this would be used to contradict Joseph Fielding Smith's claim that nothing died before The Fall of Adam?

I'm not contradicting or supporting his claim. I'm just stating the facts as I understand them.

Talk about coming to the correct conclusion by means of outrageously faulty reasoning.

You have no clue what my reasoning or beliefs are. All I said was that there were fossils in the rocks JS identified as having been Adam's altar. From that statement you can't tell whether I believe JS was a prophet (I do) or whether I believe Adam existed (I do).

How old are you?

Early 40s.
Burning Bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:43 PM   #24
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

When god created the rocks that Adam would use, did he zap his magic wand and create them out of amoebas that had just come into existence on that very day?

There is a wood frame house being built next door. County records will list the "year built" as 2009. Does that mean the trees that the wood came from were grown in 2009?
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:39 AM   #25
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Is there a list of people that really believe the earth is only 6000 years old? If so, I have some "stuff" to sell them.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote