cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2008, 05:31 AM   #1
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First ride in a loooong time..

I hadn't made time to ride my bike much this season which is really disappointing. Between, new house, new job, starting back to school, little girl learned to walk, etc. I was just worn out all the time. I found a renewed enthusiasm last night when a friend of mine said he wanted to train with me for LOTOJA next season. He's a pretty strong rider and it was nice to have some encouragement and something to train for. Not 100% sure I will do it, but I'll keep telling myself I am, as it got me excited to ride again.

So for the first time in months, I got back on the bike.. Found a new little 19 mile route from my house, pretty flat, but fun nonetheless. Incidentally it's to work and back.. Good shoulder most of the way.. plus I found out there is a shower in the office building so that's an extra bonus.

The best part of the ride was that my little daughter was waiting for me when I got back.. she had her little pink helmet on ready for a ride.. so I changed into my mountain biking cleats and she got in the buggy and we rode around the neighborhood for a bit.. then, at about 10:30 tonight she runs into her room and brings back shoes and socks. I put them on for her and she runs and grabs both my helmet and her own and wants to go for another ride. My wife and I died laughing.. I put her back in the buggy and pulled her around the driveway a couple times..

What a cute kid. Can't wait for her little brother coming in December!
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.

Last edited by bYuPride; 09-13-2008 at 05:37 AM.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote