cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling

Old 01-26-2011, 08:45 PM   #11
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

The SI article was not that good. It recycled several old stories and had some pretty bad inaccuracies that really should have been caught or never made by someone who was supposedly following what was going on. Moreover, some of the most damning claims relate to his career before cancer. Do we care that much if a pre-cancer LA doped in order to win the stage following casartelli's death?
Old 01-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #12
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

The guy said he never doped period. If it can be proven that he doped at some point in his career, it destroys his credibility.

If half of what Landis says is true, there are going to be a bunch of guys sweating out the possibility of perjury charges when they are subpoenaed.

It wouldn't surprise me if one of them is wired and ends up having contemporary conversations with Lance where Lance incriminates himself and gets an obstruction charge.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:03 PM   #13
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
The guy said he never doped period. If it can be proven that he doped at some point in his career, it destroys his credibility.

If half of what Landis says is true, there are going to be a bunch of guys sweating out the possibility of perjury charges when they are subpoenaed.

It wouldn't surprise me if one of them is wired and ends up having contemporary conversations with Lance where Lance incriminates himself and gets an obstruction charge.

There is no question that is what the prosecutor will try to do: threaten the other riders with perjury charges. SO far it appears they are holding tough (No rumors came out of Popo's interview with the feds even though they coordinated with the Carbinieri who supposedly found drugs in pop's apt, which popo denies). One of the interesting things from Landis' claims is that he says he never personally saw LA use durgs. IOW, even if Landis is truthful, and LA was doping, Landis only knows by inference and circumstance. This will make it harder for other guys to directly implicate LA if they never actually saw it themselves.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #14
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

It's not an enviable position to be in.

If you "rat" on Armstrong, he will use millions if not tens of millions of dollars to destroy you (he has attacked every single person that has said anything that implicates him), and even then, he gets away with it.

Or face a federal perjury charge.

I'm not going to have any sympathy for anyone found to have perjured themselves.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote