cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Food

Old 04-03-2009, 05:05 AM   #1
danimal

danimal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default natural peanut butter

I've always been a peanut butter lover. Chunky, not creamy. A few years ago Marsupial started buying natural peanut butter (Smuckers). I hated it at first and would never eat it. I tried it a few more times and fell in love. I eat it all the time -- PB & J sandwiches, apples and peanut butter, or just a spoonful for a snack. I tried the old school peanut butter the other day and it was disgusting. Tasted very artificial, had a weird consistency, and was too sugary. Go ahead and make the switch. Today. You'll be glad you did.
Tobias: You know, Lindsay, as a therapist, I have advised a number of couples to explore an open relationship where the couple remains emotionally committed, but free to explore extra-marital encounters.

Lindsay: Well, did it work for those people?

Tobias: No, it never does. I mean, these people somehow delude themselves into thinking it might, but...but it might work for us.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:05 PM   #2
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal View Post
I've always been a peanut butter lover. Chunky, not creamy. A few years ago Marsupial started buying natural peanut butter (Smuckers). I hated it at first and would never eat it. I tried it a few more times and fell in love. I eat it all the time -- PB & J sandwiches, apples and peanut butter, or just a spoonful for a snack. I tried the old school peanut butter the other day and it was disgusting. Tasted very artificial, had a weird consistency, and was too sugary. Go ahead and make the switch. Today. You'll be glad you did.
I ate smuckers for years. ew. Can't anybody make a decent natural peanut butter?
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:52 AM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Peanut butter lover? Does that mean instead of pricey scented oils, you use natural peanut butter oil (before you mix it)?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:13 AM   #4
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

You know what's great? Homemade peanut butter cookies with peanut butter chips. After they've cooled for 5-10 minutes, top them with peanut butter.

Also, use peanut butter as an ice cream topping like hot fudge. While warming it in the saucepan you'll need to add some milk though or the consistency will get all jacked up and it will burn.

I don't like oreo peanut butter cremes, but if you buy the oreo chocolate cremes and dip them in a little peanut butter, it's pretty good. You'll need to do a record number of sit ups the next morning though.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 04:16 PM   #5
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Peanut butter lover? Does that mean instead of pricey scented oils, you use natural peanut butter oil (before you mix it)?
No, that's a peanut butter fetish.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #6
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
You know what's great? Homemade peanut butter cookies with peanut butter chips. After they've cooled for 5-10 minutes, top them with peanut butter.

Also, use peanut butter as an ice cream topping like hot fudge. While warming it in the saucepan you'll need to add some milk though or the consistency will get all jacked up and it will burn.
If you melt it in the microwave you don't have to add milk (hate to dilute the pb flavor). Then put a warm brownie in a bowl, then vanilla frozen yogurt, then peanut butter, then chocolate. It's ambrosia.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:27 PM   #7
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I invented a healthy snack.

Buy some celery and then in the "valley" of the celery, place peanut butter there. You wouldn't think it would be good, but it actually is quite good. Trust me. Try it.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:02 PM   #8
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Buy some celery and then in the "valley" of the celery, place peanut butter there. You wouldn't think it would be good, but it actually is quite good. Trust me. Try it.
You invented celery and peanut butter just like Al Gore invented the internet.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:10 PM   #9
BarbaraGordon

Quote:

Please clarify. I want to try this.

Do you use natural peanut butter? Crunchy or creamy? How do you know how much peanut butter to put in? Does it matter what size the celery stick is? And should I take the strings off the celery first, or is that part of the charm?
Old 04-04-2009, 05:11 PM   #10
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
You invented celery and peanut butter just like Al Gore invented the internet.
I wonder if you could put peanut butter on a banana.