cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics

Old 07-09-2008, 07:33 PM   #11
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
I thought Edwards already said he's not interested.
Originally he did. Then, when pushed, he said he would accept if that is what Obama wanted. It sounds to me like he is very interested.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:57 PM   #12
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Check out these polls with Edwards factored in as VP...

http://www.openleft.com/showDiary.do...D?diaryId=6836
don't forgotten about governing.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:35 PM   #13
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Mark Warner would have been my top choice, but he said he wouldn't accept a VP position. He will be a great Senator, so it is hard to feel too sad about his decision.

Jim Webb also would have been great. He said he is out. Webb had some controversial statements about women in the past that would have been difficult to get past, but he brought a lot of positive credentials to the table too.

At this point, I think my top choice would be Edwards, followed by Bayh. I don't think Obama will pick a woman (I think it would upset many Dem women if a woman was picked and it wasn't Clinton), so that would rule out Napolitano and Sebelius.

Richardson would be an interesting pick, but I doubt very much that he will be the choice. He has too many odd statement floating around.

Al Gore has been floated, but I don't think he would be interested.

I say 55% Edwards, 40% Bayh, 5% someone else.
In this case I think that Obama needs to pick an unknown. Obama is the show, he is the pull, he is the main event. What he mostly needs in a running mate is someone who doesn't hurt him. I think Edwards would be an exceptionally dumb pick because a lot of people don't like him, and it will allow republicans to play the trial lawyer card.

I think that a moderate governor or Senator from the South who is not a household name is what he needs.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:52 PM   #14
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
In this case I think that Obama needs to pick an unknown. Obama is the show, he is the pull, he is the main event. What he mostly needs in a running mate is someone who doesn't hurt him. I think Edwards would be an exceptionally dumb pick because a lot of people don't like him, and it will allow republicans to play the trial lawyer card.

I think that a moderate governor or Senator from the South who is not a household name is what he needs.
Did you see the polls I posted on the first page? With Edwards factored in, the election right now would appear to be a route in favor of Obama.

I would have loved Warner on the ticket. Like I said, he was my first pick (he would have been my pick for president if he hadn't backed out early on). Other than him, I don't know of any great governors in the south who would be an excellent choice for Obama.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:45 PM   #15
Travis Henry

Travis Henry is on a distinguished road
Default You've got to be kidding me on Edwards

The guy is an empty suit and the thought of that dunce occupying the White House will lose Obama some votes, IMO. Hillary would be a FAR superior choice for VP. A lot of people may not like Hillary, but the thought of her occupying the White House is significantly less scary than some mental midget like Edwards. What Kerry said about Edwards wasn't exactly confidence-building.

BTW, I'm obviously not a Democrat or a liberal. But I'm also not a Republican though I am certainly more inclined to vote for one than Democrat. If McCain picked Huckabee as his running mate, I would easily vote for an Obama-Hillary ticket over McCain-Huckabee. Huckabee would be an absolute trainwreck as President. I can't imagine what guys like Putin would think of that ass clown after meeting with him if he became President (and in all honesty, I'm sure Putin's impression of Bush isn't that much better). But Obama-Edwards would push me to vote for McCain-Huckabee. Almost every other Democrat would be more acceptable than Edwards with the POSSIBLE exception of Al Sharpton- and I'm only slightly kidding. Even though I was about three months old when Carter was inaugurated, I think one Carter in my lifetime is enough, thank you.
Travis Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:46 PM   #16
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
At this point, I think my top choice would be Edwards ...
I think it's worth noting that Cali Coug has wanted to put this man a heartbeat away from the presidency, twice.

Quote:
Former Sen. John Edwards allegedly used the services of a call girl employed by accused Soccer Mom Madam Anna Gristina while he was running for President, according to a report.

The woman told investigators that Edwards paid her for sex during a 2007 visit to New York to raise money for his failed White House bid, DNAinfo reported Thursday.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #17
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Poor Edwards. If only he had an etch-a-sketch.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote