cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Home Improvement and Real Estate

Old 07-08-2008, 04:52 AM   #11
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I just spent a week at the home of my in-laws. they have a swamp cooler.

Swamp coolers suck and are terrible options if you do not plan on being within about 15 feet of the actual machine.

Heaven help you if you are heading to the other side of the house or even down in the basement.

I basically had to sleep on the floor really close to the hallway most nights. It was the only way I could cool down.
Swamp coolers rock. Place it in a strategic location on the roof and get a couple of ceiling fans going and life is good.

Perhaps your in-laws located theirs in a poor spot intentionally as a subtle hint that they'd rather you not visit?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:58 AM   #12
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Swamp coolers rock. Place it in a strategic location on the roof and get a couple of ceiling fans going and life is good.

Perhaps your in-laws located theirs in a poor spot intentionally as a subtle hint that they'd rather you not visit?
You may be onto something there.

When we visit in the winter, it is always freezing in the basement and the heater doesn't work well down there.

Hmm....

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:01 AM   #13
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
You may be onto something there.

When we visit in the winter, it is always freezing in the basement and the heater doesn't work well down there.

Hmm....
If that's the case, you can hang at my place. The garage is the same temp in summer and winter.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:13 AM   #14
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I dunno. I'm afraid some of the places west of 1080 East along your street will always be dragging down the value of your home.
you talking about the lady who has the light up palm tree and flamingos? i think she's going to be in the better homes magazine pretty soon.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:15 AM   #15
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I do like how you've made it look. But if you wake up some morning and the yard just doesn't look right, don't bother driving down my street. Just give me a call and I'll help you find who really took it.
i don't follow.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:40 AM   #16
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
you talking about the lady who has the light up palm tree and flamingos? i think she's going to be in the better homes magazine pretty soon.
She is one of them. And the guy who lives in the house where I thought you lived too.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:41 AM   #17
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
i don't follow.
That means I would have "borrowed" your curb appeal.