cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics

Old 10-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I wonder if Harry Reid has a role in the dems not playing the Mormon card

If Harry Reid went to Axelrod and the rest, and said "if you or your surrogates play the Mormon card, I will rain down hell on you" that could be very effective. And a strong deterrent.

I've seen some stuff in the last week that is kind of the on the edges of blowing up into the media. Article in the dailybeast about a website selling replicated or stolen garments. They photoshopped Mitt and Anne's head onto models wearing garments. Absolutely reprehensible that the dailybeast would run such a pathetic anti-Mormon article.

There's circulating videos of the temple ceremony. Saw on RCP a linked article where a guy interviews the purveyor of the tapes. Fiercely anti-Mormon ex-Mormon who thinks this can take down Romney and "exposes" Mormonism.

I think the water is simmering and the cover to the lid wants to move and dance a little, but we are not boiling, much less boiling over.

There is a certain amount of desperation that is apparent in the tone of the Obama campaign, as it mainly centers on personal attacks. The Mormon card would be further confirmation of desperation, so I don't think it can be effectively used at this point.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote