cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2009, 10:33 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Obama is he this cunning?

Could Obama be scheming for a more widely encompassing eradication of the Second Amendment and probably other civil liberties?

Let's say he's encouraging Holder to eradicate or to drastically reduce gun ownership rights, and he knows that unfortunately there are a few guy crazies who might take a shot at him. No responsible gun owner uses them in that fashion and nobody desires them to be unlawfully or irresponsibly. But let's say, he purposefully stokes the fires to encourage a crazy in order to be able to sponser wider abrogation of gun ownership. How cunning might he be?

Why hasn't Holder done anything to limit the reach of the unPatriot Act? Are there any liberties excepting the rights of gays to marry that are impotant to Obama and Holder? Oh that's right, the rights of banks and of mortgage lenders and of the UAW, to receive handouts as political payout. I forgot about those important rights.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

He is in over his head.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:42 PM   #3
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think he wants to be a martyr. He can't be the Supreme Being if he's dead.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:54 PM   #4
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I don't think he wants to be a martyr. He can't be the Supreme Being if he's dead.
If you were really cunning, you'd let some guy get in position and snipe hiim out of the way. So it hasn't happened and hopefully won't happen, but I would not put it past him to allow for some sort of situation to occur where he is miraculouosly whisked to safety and goes on an anti-gun campaign to increase his power.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:20 AM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
If you were really cunning, you'd let some guy get in position and snipe hiim out of the way. So it hasn't happened and hopefully won't happen, but I would not put it past him to allow for some sort of situation to occur where he is miraculouosly whisked to safety and goes on an anti-gun campaign to increase his power.
Looking at the big picture, I wouldn't be surprised if this happened either. He has enough of an ego to actually think he would survive an attempt on his life. I pray nothing like this happens, as this would only embolden those who want to limit our 2nd Amendment rights.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:25 AM   #6
Archaea

Quote:
Looking at the big picture, I wouldn't be surprised if this happened either. He has enough of an ego to actually think he would survive an attempt on his life. I pray nothing like this happens, as this would only embolden those who want to limit our 2nd Amendment rights.
I pray he's not trying to incite the morons out there and that the morons don't rise to his bait. Plus we don't need Biden as VP any way, nor Pelosi.

I see him believing he could orchestrate something, by funneling a would be attacker into an area where you could easily take him out before he did any harm.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:29 AM   #7
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
I pray he's not trying to incite the morons out there and that the morons don't rise to his bait. Plus we don't need Biden as VP any way, nor Pelosi.

I see him believing he could orchestrate something, by funneling a would be attacker into an area where you could easily take him out before he did any harm.
Kind of like the fainting women at campaign rallies, eh?

Old 02-27-2009, 12:57 AM   #8
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve

Quote:
Could Obama be scheming for a more widely encompassing eradication of the Second Amendment and probably other civil liberties?

Let's say he's encouraging Holder to eradicate or to drastically reduce gun ownership rights, and he knows that unfortunately there are a few guy crazies who might take a shot at him. No responsible gun owner uses them in that fashion and nobody desires them to be unlawfully or irresponsibly. But let's say, he purposefully stokes the fires to encourage a crazy in order to be able to sponser wider abrogation of gun ownership. How cunning might he be?

Why hasn't Holder done anything to limit the reach of the unPatriot Act? Are there any liberties excepting the rights of gays to marry that are impotant to Obama and Holder? Oh that's right, the rights of banks and of mortgage lenders and of the UAW, to receive handouts as political payout. I forgot about those important rights.
Agreed. I thought the Patriot Act was another one of the liberals axes to grind.

Everthing this guy ran on; his supporters are looking the other way. Gitmo. Patriot Act. Out of Iraq ASAP.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:58 AM   #9
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve

Quote:
Kind of like the fainting women at campaign rallies, eh?
Hey, I'm ready to begin fainting.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:16 AM   #10
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Duh. Of course not. You have to wait three days.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote