cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2008, 06:45 PM   #11
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

The funny thing in all of this is that it appears that most of the people on CG are probably making more than both Jose Canseco and Vai Sikahema.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 06:46 PM   #12
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

One of my favorite movie scenes is from a NZ movie called Once Were Warriors ( agreat film, btw). In it, a Maori guy has just been released from prison and returns to his favorite bar/roadhouse where his arrival is noted by all the local toughs wnating to make a name for themsleves. The con is muscular like a boxer. Some kid who looks like a football player or a body builder, absolutely huge poly, come sover and picks a fight. The con tries to avoid it but the kid won't let him. So they square off, this huge kid takes a massive swing which the con deftly doges and then returns with 4 or 5 lightening fast punyhxes to the kid's head, dropping him immediately. The con stands over the kid, who is in a pile on the ground, and says "you should try to do more speed bag work" and then turns back to his beer.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:58 PM   #13
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
One of my favorite movie scenes is from a NZ movie called Once Were Warriors ( agreat film, btw).
That is a very good show. Very brutal. The spousal abuse scenes are VERY hard to watch.
"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. "
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:02 PM   #14
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
That is a very good show. Very brutal. The spousal abuse scenes are VERY hard to watch.

Agreed. A very brutal film but a very good one, IMO.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:25 PM   #15
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
One of my favorite movie scenes is from a NZ movie called Once Were Warriors ( agreat film, btw). In it, a Maori guy has just been released from prison and returns to his favorite bar/roadhouse where his arrival is noted by all the local toughs wnating to make a name for themsleves. The con is muscular like a boxer. Some kid who looks like a football player or a body builder, absolutely huge poly, come sover and picks a fight. The con tries to avoid it but the kid won't let him. So they square off, this huge kid takes a massive swing which the con deftly doges and then returns with 4 or 5 lightening fast punyhxes to the kid's head, dropping him immediately. The con stands over the kid, who is in a pile on the ground, and says "you should try to do more speed bag work" and then turns back to his beer.
Or when Eastwood makes Swede look like a fool in Heartbreak Ridge.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:33 PM   #16
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I love that movie. The scen you are taking about is awesome.

Vai was scheduled to fight Danny Bonaduce a few months back but Bonaduce backed out when he found out Vai had boxing experience.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:36 PM   #17
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
Didn't know that bit about Vai having some boxing experience. If he has experience then it makes more sense. I hope Vai kicks his ass.
Vai was slated to do a celebrity boxing match with Danny Bannaduce (sp?). Danny dropped out when he learned about Vai's history in the ring. He ended up boxing some radio DJ instead. I heard the fight was short, but never heard exactly how long it lasted.

(Sorry, Junkie, I didn't see your nearly-identical post until this was already done).

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:11 PM   #18
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Vai was scheduled to fight Donny (sp?) Bonnadouche but it didn't go through apparently for reasons unknown.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:16 PM   #19
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Vai was scheduled to fight Danny Bonaduce a few months back but Bonaduce backed out when he found out Vai had boxing experience.
I would LOVE to see somebody beat the crap out of Danny Bonaduce.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:14 AM   #20
Mars

Mars is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
One of my favorite movie scenes is from a NZ movie called Once Were Warriors ( agreat film, btw).
I prefer the movie The Warriors.

http://www.warriorsmovie.co.uk/