cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Finances
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2007, 09:30 PM   #11
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road
Default eschew debt

I guess I am doing better than avg in my class in financial assests, I believe my "secret" is to keep the debt burden low, now less than 10% (payments/net inc), all in a 15-yr fixed-rate mortgage.

I am the one in the househould always wanting to build financial assets, hoping to have a comfortable retirement and cushion to weather any career changes, while my wife wants to spend now; ergo I control the bulk of the cash flow. She'll occasionally mention friends of her family who fastidiously saved throughout their career, and the husband died of a heart attack soon after their dream retirement began.
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:41 PM   #12
kccougar

kccougar is on a distinguished road
Default With regard to credit card debt

Keep in mind that the figures for credit card debt include whatever balance you might have in a given month, even if you pay it off. Meaning - I charge $3k to $4k every month on my credit card. Even though I pay the balance in full, my reported credit card debt would be $3k - $4k.
kccougar is offline   Reply With Quote