cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2007, 05:57 PM   #26
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
Seattle I think you understand the difference between policy and doctrine, but are just trolling. And yes there have been more LDS changes than those I mentioned, hence my use of "such as."

But you cannot put teaching that unbaptized infants are put in limbo on the same plane as establishing a perpetual education fund or raising a missionary bar.

Today's change to Catholic doctrine is the equivalent of Mormons saying there no longer a division in the spirit world.

Policy and doctrine are distinguishable and you know it.
Not to disagree with you in principle, but I think the idea of Limbo was never actually put forth as official doctrine by the Catholics. It was one of those things many of them believed in to soften the previously stated doctrine (until the middle ages) that infants who died without baptism went to hell. Really, not much has changed other than officially renouncing limbo as an explanation for what happens to unbaptized persons.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote