cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2008, 11:50 PM   #21
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
That is also a tough one.

The major implication is two-fold....the kid (a minor?) impregnated 3 girls and he also threatened a parent who was not allowing him to see his child.

I dont see how any of those issues relate to deportation. Why deport illegals because they get their girlfriends pregnant? Do we have any legal ramifications at all for a US citizen who is a minor and gets his girlfriend pregnant? And then threatens the father because he wont let the kid see his child?

My final verdict....the inner racist whispers to you that this kid should be deported.
LOL, I have a son in law, a daughter in law, 6 grandchildren that have Latino blood in them. Yea, I am a racist. That is the easy one isn't it. Scare someone off from having an opinion by calling them a racist. I really thought you were more intelligent than resorting to that.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:54 PM   #22
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
One of the biggest problems that I see that is a result of illegal immigration is that there are billions of dollars going into Mexico as the illegals send money to their families and the corrupt Mexican government loves the extra money coming in, so it has no incentive to do anything about illegals crossing the border into the US. I don't have a solution to this other than putting the military at the border to discourage illegal crossings.
This point is a sound one. I recently saw a documentary called "Wetback" on one of the cable channels. It was really interesting. Followed a bunch of different illegals from South America as they made their way up to the Rio Grande. Very few made it all the way. Most were attacked, raped, lost limbs, or gave up along the way.

At the end of the doc, it had some interesting facts. "Remittances," or cash sent back South of the border, account for a huge majority of many Central American economies--in the billions, as IPU stated. That being said, illegals also spend over a billion dollars a year into our domestic economy, and continue to do the undesired work here. If they all left, our economy would stagnate, as many economists have already stated.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:54 PM   #23
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, a startling, historical event has occurred. Tex has dissented from an official, public LDS position. I urge you to scan the archives here. This has never occurred. Tex has always cleaved perfectly to the iron rod of LDS orthodoxy and the party line. How telling that this breach has occured over the LDS Church calling for America to be be compassionate in its treatment of illegal aliens.
As historical as you agreeing with a public LDS position?
Old 01-28-2008, 12:00 AM   #24
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, a startling, historical event has occurred. Tex has dissented from an official, public LDS position.
Did I?

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:00 AM   #25
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
As historical as you agreeing with a public LDS position?
You may be right. I can't think of ever agreeing with them before.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:00 AM   #26
TripletDaddy

Quote:
LOL, I have a son in law, a daughter in law, 6 grandchildren that have Latino blood in them. Yea, I am a racist. That is the easy one isn't it. Scare someone off from having an opinion by calling them a racist. I really thought you were more intelligent than resorting to that.
71, I was using "you" generically. I am not calling YOU a racist. Sorry if that did not come through. Your example wasnt even "yours," it was some policeman's, if I understand you correctly.

But technically, being related to latinos doesnt generally exculpate one from being a racist. Latinos and blacks can be racist, too, can't they?

I still stand by my initial comments, though. Those that would call for the deportation of the kid simply because he has impregnated 3 girls is likely just a racist. How would deporting the future father help anything? the kids need to have the dad in their life, don't they?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 01-28-2008, 12:01 AM   #27
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
This point is a sound one. I recently saw a documentary called "Wetback" on one of the cable channels. It was really interesting. Followed a bunch of different illegals from South America as they made their way up to the Rio Grande. Very few made it all the way. Most were attacked, raped, lost limbs, or gave up along the way.

At the end of the doc, it had some interesting facts. "Remittances," or cash sent back South of the border, account for a huge majority of many Central American economies--in the billions, as IPU stated. That being said, illegals also spend over a billion dollars a year into our domestic economy, and continue to do the undesired work here. If they all left, our economy would stagnate, as many economists have already stated.
I've heard about that documentary and would like to see it.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:06 AM   #28
BYU71

Quote:
71, I was using "you" generically. I am not calling YOU a racist. Sorry if that did not come through. Your example wasnt even "yours," it was some policeman's, if I understand you correctly.

But technically, being related to latinos doesnt generally exculpate one from being a racist. Latinos and blacks can be racist, too, can't they?

I still stand by my initial comments, though. Those that would call for the deportation of the kid simply because he has impregnated 3 girls is likely just a racist. How would deporting the future father help anything? the kids need to have the dad in their life, don't they?
First off I know the cop quite well and he is neither a racist or liar. The Church advised strongly one of these girls give up the kid for adoption. He didn't know the other situations well enough to know what advice was given. Thus the father out of the kids life. Quite frankly I think that was good advice. Good advice whether the father was an illegal or legal.

Yep, I would deport the kid. If a white kid who is legal had done the same thing I would advise cutting his dick off since he couldn't be deported.

Maybe I am not compassionate, but the racist accusation is crap.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:11 AM   #29
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I've heard about that documentary and would like to see it.
It is really good. Not to get too graphic, but some of these people go through EXTREME lengths to hide their money, including one guy who had a small surgical procedure to hide his money so it would not be found when gangs attacked them en route to the border. I wont say where the money was hidden, but if you want to know, go click on junkie's website for 2 free CDs.

Along the way, most of these people know that they will either get raped, stabbed, robbed, or shaken down by crooked cops. As marsupial said, all of them are just trying for a shot at a decent quality of life....decent meaning running water, electricity, employment, and a better way for their kids.

One woman gets caught by the Migra on the US side. She tells the INS officer to please pull out his gun and put a bullet in her head. She preferred to simply die than go back to Central America and she begged him to at least afford her the chance to let her kids say that their mother died in America. The officer took off her cuffs and let her go.

I suggest watching it. Very interesting. Clearly this doc focuses on the law abiding immigrant trade. Those coming here to commit crime, smuggle drugs, etc,....are not part of the conversation and are not humanized.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:15 AM   #30
TripletDaddy

Quote:
First off I know the cop quite well and he is neither a racist or liar. The Church advised strongly one of these girls give up the kid for adoption. He didn't know the other situations well enough to know what advice was given. Thus the father out of the kids life. Quite frankly I think that was good advice. Good advice whether the father was an illegal or legal.

Yep, I would deport the kid. If a white kid who is legal had done the same thing I would advise cutting his dick off since he couldn't be deported.

Maybe I am not compassionate, but the racist accusation is crap.
71, the extreme nature of your proposed solution speaks for itself. In a thread about finding a compassionate solution, your proposal is ironic, especially coming off a comment lamenting my lack of intelligence.

IPU, this is the kind of example I think CaliCoug was referring to......lots of emotion, little of it compassionate.

This board seems to have a high population of non-racists. Glad to hear it. 71, where is your watch? Did your roommate steal it?