cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 03:23 AM   #31
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
She was elected to the Senate, then re-elected, and currently stands atop the polls for the presidency of the United States. Not a shred of evidence that she is a leader?

Do you think you might be exaggerating a bit here?
She's a legislator, not a leader.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:25 AM   #32
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
She was elected to the Senate, then re-elected, and currently stands atop the polls for the presidency of the United States. Not a shred of evidence that she is a leader?

Do you think you might be exaggerating a bit here?
Are you kidding me? You think just because someone is elected to the Senate, and is atop the polls is proof they are an effective leader?! LMAO! Wow...just wow. Let me know when you come up with some REAL evidence.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:26 AM   #33
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
Dude, are you really THAT ignorant regarding this heinous piece of crap person? Do you hear yourself? You probably said the same thing about the Clintons after all the campaign contribution controversies from the past. Did that cause Hillary to be more careful about it? Apparently not, otherwise this whole mess with Charlie Hsu would not have happened.

P.S. - Please change your name, as you are an embarassment to the great state of California. Are you even a California native?
The great state of California currently prefers Hillary to any other candidate (though I personally support Obama). Is that what makes California a great state? California must be full of people who are "ignorant regarding this heinous piece of crap person."

Are you sure YOU are a California native? You sound much more like a Utah County native.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:30 AM   #34
Cali Coug

Quote:
Are you kidding me? You think just because someone is elected to the Senate, and is atop the polls is proof they are an effective leader?! LMAO! Wow...just wow. Let me know when you come up with some REAL evidence.
You have shown yourself to be both reasonable and rational. How can I possibly respond in the face of such overwhelming contradictory evidence such as "LMAO" or "wow" (followed closely by another "wow" which was the real clincher for me).
Old 11-14-2007, 03:40 AM   #35
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
You have shown yourself to be both reasonable and rational. How can I possibly respond in the face of such overwhelming contradictory evidence such as "LMAO" or "wow" (followed closely by another "wow" which was the real clincher for me).
Way to dodge the issue.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:41 AM   #36
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
The great state of California currently prefers Hillary to any other candidate (though I personally support Obama). Is that what makes California a great state? California must be full of people who are "ignorant regarding this heinous piece of crap person."

Are you sure YOU are a California native? You sound much more like a Utah County native.
of course i am. why don't you answer the question now?
Old 11-14-2007, 03:46 AM   #37
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
By the way, I am still trying to wrap my head around this nonsensical argument.

You seem to be arguing that politicians have to be sleazy dirtbags in order to be successful. In other words, you should admire the politicians who are the sleaziest of all the others, because they best exemplify the characteristics that make them successful.

How does that make any sense? And why do you despise politicians so much if you believe they are just trying to be all they can be by lying, cheating and stealing?
The secret to politics is power. If you understand the psychology of power, then you'll understand true politics. It's not a morality play but rather a play on our senses.

I despise their lust for power, as I have very little desire to be in power, because I've seen how those who pursue power become; it's not a pretty sight. Thus, we should convey to our politicians as little power as is necessary, be very libertarian, allow very little taxation and authority, and very little regulatory authority, because their abuse of power riddles the history of man.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:57 AM   #38
Cali Coug

Quote:
Way to dodge the issue.
Dodge the issue? No, I just know ahead of time that no matter what I put out there, you are going to say it isn't evidence of leadership. She has founded over a dozen foundations, served on over 50 boards of corporations and non-profits, served on no fewer than 5 Senate committees, sponsored and passed legislation in the Senate, served as a partner in a law firm, and has millions who have somehow been inspired (despite the total lack of any leadership on her part) to contribute tens of millions of dollars to her campaign for the presidency.

For you to say there isn't a "shred of evidence" of her leadership is, well...

You don't like her, that much is obvious. And you apparently dislike her so much that you can't even be rational in a discussion about her.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:05 AM   #39
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Dodge the issue? No, I just know ahead of time that no matter what I put out there, you are going to say it isn't evidence of leadership. She has founded over a dozen foundations, served on over 50 boards of corporations and non-profits, served on no fewer than 5 Senate committees, sponsored and passed legislation in the Senate, served as a partner in a law firm, and has millions who have somehow been inspired (despite the total lack of any leadership on her part) to contribute tens of millions of dollars to her campaign for the presidency.

For you to say there isn't a "shred of evidence" of her leadership is, well...

You don't like her, that much is obvious. And you apparently dislike her so much that you can't even be rational in a discussion about her.
She has no executive experience and is not very senior in the Senate. What leadership post has she held? Heck she is Majority leader or anything important.

After all the screw ups by electing inexperienced leaders, you want one of two Senators with no leadership or executive experience whatsoever? That's crazy talk.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:19 AM   #40
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
You sound much more like a Utah County native.
And you sound like a Prius driving homo from the Castro.