cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2008, 12:55 PM   #61
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Forgive me if I don't get too excited about an article from FT.com (where?) that I have to register to read.
FT.com is the website for the Financial Times, a London-based newspaper. I don't know what you clicked on. I didn't have to register.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
What were the circumstances of the proposed sponsored debates?

Who made the decision?

When was the proposal made?

Did it conflict with other ones already agreed to?
Given that Cali won't elaborate we can only guess what he's talking about, but in at least one instance he's probably talking about President Bush repeatedly spurning the NAACP. Shocking, after they produced that hateful James Byrd hit-piece on him.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:54 PM   #62
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
FT.com is the website for the Financial Times, a London-based newspaper. I don't know what you clicked on. I didn't have to register.

Given that Cali won't elaborate we can only guess what he's talking about, but in at least one instance he's probably talking about President Bush repeatedly spurning the NAACP. Shocking, after they produced that hateful James Byrd hit-piece on him.
We had an entire thread on this. I didn't think a lot of additional detail was necessary.

http://info.detnews.com/pix/photogal...es/index12.htm

As for the Financial Times, I am even less excited about registering to read an article written by a London financial newspaper on the prospect of racism in the Democratic party primary in New Hampshire.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:17 PM   #63
Tex

Quote:
We had an entire thread on this. I didn't think a lot of additional detail was necessary.

http://info.detnews.com/pix/photogal...es/index12.htm
Lol, kudos to NAALCP for the political theater ... setting up empty podiums for people they knew wouldn't come. Maybe someone should let them know that when they stop being racists, Republicans might be interested in their organization.

And they call themselves non-partisan, too. LOL.

Quote:
As for the Financial Times, I am even less excited about registering to read an article written by a London financial newspaper on the prospect of racism in the Democratic party primary in New Hampshire.
Never thought I'd see the day when the lauded lawyer Cali Coug would resort to discrediting the source because he didn't like the substance.

Guess it's hard to swallow that your party still has racists, eh?

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 01-14-2008, 03:34 PM   #64
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Lol, kudos to NAALCP for the political theater ... setting up empty podiums for people they knew wouldn't come. Maybe someone should let them know that when they stop being racists, Republicans might be interested in their organization.

And they call themselves non-partisan, too. LOL.

Never thought I'd see the day when the lauded lawyer Cali Coug would resort to discrediting the source because he didn't like the substance.

Guess it's hard to swallow that your party still has racists, eh?
Ah yes, it is the NAACP that is the racist organization.

How can I discredit the source for not liking their substance? I haven't even read it and can't tell you what the substance is. If you want to send me the complete article, I will read it. But I won't go out of my way to register to read an article in a London newspaper on a topic that appears well outside their area of expertise.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:37 PM   #65
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

How can I discredit the source for not liking their substance? I haven't even read it and can't tell you what the substance is. If you want to send me the complete article, I will read it. But I won't go out of my way to register to read an article in a London newspaper on a topic that appears well outside their area of expertise.
What is your source that the Reps turned down an African American group sponsored debate?

What did they report on the Reps' alleged decision to forgo the debate?

I have no information about this, that's why I'm asking.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:51 PM   #66
Tex

Quote:
Indeed. Julian Bond, current chairman, for example.

Quote:
"Outside their area of experise." Heh, I'm gonna remember that one. Looks like I've exhausted my "free article" allotment, so I can't view it now either, unfortunately.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young