cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2011, 01:59 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Penn State: where rape of boys occurs

Wow, just read the ESPN report on the allegations, and if I was a Penn State fan, I would be burning my school apparel and demanding the resignation of the entire football/AD regime. Including Joe Paterno, to whom a witnessed rape of a boy was directly reported.

Despicable. Makes me want to throw up.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

The rape in the shower that was witnessed and reported to Joe Paterno.

It was anal rape of a 10 year old.

What's the debate here? Why the hand-wringing? Why the parsing?

It's cut and dry. Heads needs to roll.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

In the case of Joe Paterno, you can't help but reminded of the cases where LDS Bishops did nothing when abuse was alleged, or helped cover it up. When you are dealing with friends, there is the powerful temptation to dismiss the allegations. You want to believe your friend.

You have to let the chips fall where they may. You have to do the right thing. I've never been in the situation. If I am, I hope to have the courage to do the right thing.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:06 AM   #4
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

This is awful and I wonder how Penn State survives this. The fact is, absent a special emphasis for many years, it doesn't. It now falls to the scummiest of universities where an apparent cover up of the sickest of crimes.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:30 AM   #5
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

What abhors me are the people defending PSU and JoePa, saying he deserved better.
To some people, college football is a filthy lucre.

"Hey coach? That pedophile just raped another child."
"Again? Damn. Without him, we have no defense. Uh, I'll take care of it..."
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:15 PM   #6
Archaea

Why is McQueary still the wide receivers coach for Penn State? He is the biggest coward of all and yet administration still can't get it right.

Geeze even in the midst of an obvious disaster, they can't do it right. The biggest coward of all remains employed so he can do nothing.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:11 PM   #7
MikeWaters
Demiurge

My prediction. That yes, as some are reporting, we will find that Sandusky retired as part of a cover-up. My guess on why Sandusky was allowed free reign at Penn State even after retirement is that Sandusky had the goods on Paterno. Paterno could not risk Sandusky spilling the beans on some other thing. He knew where the bodies were buried.

Certainly the disappearance of the DA adds another layer to this. It may have no relation...but if it does...wow.

The rumor is now out (heard on sports radio this morning, and on drudge now) that the Sandusky foundation was pimping out boys to donors. Hard to believe that could be true, but this is a world with a lot of sick people.

And certainly among the most disgusting people are the Penn State students themselves, who commit crimes in support of their disgraced coach.

That's going to be an indelible memory--how awful these human beings are, who held themselves up as our moral superiors. F 'em all. Penn State can rot in hell.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:18 PM   #8
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
My prediction. That yes, as some are reporting, we will find that Sandusky retired as part of a cover-up. My guess on why Sandusky was allowed free reign at Penn State even after retirement is that Sandusky had the goods on Paterno. Paterno could not risk Sandusky spilling the beans on some other thing. He knew where the bodies were buried.

Certainly the disappearance of the DA adds another layer to this. It may have no relation...but if it does...wow.

The rumor is now out (heard on sports radio this morning, and on drudge now) that the Sandusky foundation was pimping out boys to donors. Hard to believe that could be true, but this is a world with a lot of sick people.

And certainly among the most disgusting people are the Penn State students themselves, who commit crimes in support of their disgraced coach.

That's going to be an indelible memory--how awful these human beings are, who held themselves up as our moral superiors. F 'em all. Penn State can rot in hell.

This is the sports story of the decade and perhaps it will be so like the Black Sox scandal of the early 20th century.

Penn State may never recover. Its squeaky clean image is gone forever and it stands for nothing, unless some clean up burnishes its image. It would take a magician.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

We may find out all kinds of dirt on Paterno. Like when the kingpin loses power, the rats all turn on him. I would hope that he is indeed who he says he is, but made this one terrible mistake.

But at this point that is very hard to believe. And that mistake, of harboring a child rapist, is such a severe one, that even that choice by itself will stand forever in judgment of him.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:02 PM   #10
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I'm trying to imagine if Lavell Edwards were in this situation. I think there would be a lot of BYU fans defending him. Maybe a majority.

BYU fans would desperately want to believe that Lavell was without any error of judgment like that.

That's what the Penn State fans are probably thinking as well.