cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 06:02 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I've tried to understand what emotions really are, at the molecular or cellular level. I probably haven't analyzed it correctly, but at the cellular, not molecular level, emotions seem to be in some sort of configuration related to axiology, meaning values, desires which create emotive responses.

So emotions are created by virtue of the values which create expectations, as they are correlated with desire. Desire can be generated organically or can be fed and nurtured through values.

And we experience positive emotive responses when values and desires are in harmony or symbiosis. I draw analogy to chromatic harmony of the tonal variety.

Negative responses result from disharmony, or achromatic, nonsynchronous notes within our construct of desires and values.

Does any of this make sense?
emotions at the molecular level wasn't part of my training.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:58 PM   #2
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I've tried to understand what emotions really are, at the molecular or cellular level. I probably haven't analyzed it correctly, but at the cellular, not molecular level, emotions seem to be in some sort of configuration related to axiology, meaning values, desires which create emotive responses.

So emotions are created by virtue of the values which create expectations, as they are correlated with desire. Desire can be generated organically or can be fed and nurtured through values.

And we experience positive emotive responses when values and desires are in harmony or symbiosis. I draw analogy to chromatic harmony of the tonal variety.

Negative responses result from disharmony, or achromatic, nonsynchronous notes within our construct of desires and values.

Does any of this make sense?
i think emotion is a mirror of body's biochemical reactions to external and internal stimulations which is actually would be performing under psycho-neuro-endocrinoe control system .
Old 08-24-2007, 09:06 PM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
i think emotion is a mirror of body's biochemical reactions to external and internal stimulations which is actually would be performing under psycho-neuro-endocrinoe control system .
Please explain the psycho-neuor-endocrine control system. "Internal stimulations"?

Are speaking thought or biochemical reactions, which may be the same.

What do you mean by "mirror", it sounds like you are postulating a ghost matrix within the psychoneuroendocrine system which almost exhibit metaphysical properties, manifesting themselves as emotions?

Last edited by Archaea; 08-25-2007 at 12:15 AM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:04 AM   #4
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

What the F*** did i just read?
Old 08-25-2007, 12:11 AM   #5
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
What the F*** did i just read?

DOn't feel bad; none of us understand what arch is talking about. We're just playing along until his injuries fully heal and he is back in forma gain.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:13 AM   #6
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
DOn't feel bad; none of us understand what arch is talking about. We're just playing along until his injuries fully heal and he is back in forma gain.
I'm uncertain I know what I'm talking about but I'm having fun looking up psychoneuorendocrine controls and impacts upon organs.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:34 AM   #7
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Emotions are produced in the ovarian follicles and released in the form of estrogen.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:06 PM   #8
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Emotions are produced in the ovarian follicles and released in the form of estrogen.
so you are memeber of "man shall not cry" fan club?
Old 08-25-2007, 03:21 PM   #9
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
so you are memeber of "man shall not cry" fan club?
No, not necessarily. I just mean that emotions run much higher during the menstruation.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:05 PM   #10
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Please explain the psycho-neuor-endocrine control system. "Internal stimulations"?

Are speaking thought or biochemical reactions, which may be the same.

What do you mean by "mirror", it sounds like you are postulating a ghost matrix within the psychoneuroendocrine system which almost exhibit metaphysical properties, manifesting themselves as emotions?
internal or endogenous stimulations are (hormonal alterations associated to the modifications in the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis) which we are facing during puberty...and exogenous stimulations like "stress" which include a broad range of physical,chemical and biological factors and might have positive effects ...and "distress" which indeed have negative influences, "psychological factors" , "infection" ..etc

i used the word "mirror" becuase its actually biochemical reactions within the body translated to the emotional outlets.

since i found you interested in psycho-neuro-endocrine system ,it would be delightful to introduce you a fascinating part of this organization which is "immune system"

so we actually will have psycho-neuro-immuno-endocrine system to be precise.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...ubmed_RVDocSum

psycho-neuro-immuno-endocrine is a complicated multilateral systme which regulate biochemical reactions through various feedback/control checkpoints .

here is where we could realise how for instance physical stress ,could lead to emotional alternation or how devastating life experiences would make body produce different disease like cancers.. and so forth

i am wondering if you belive in Lousi hay ?

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 08-25-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote